What's new

The Washington Redskins

My Lions finally won one! They beat up the Rams, who beat up the Redskins, therefore, the Lions can beat up the Redskins. IMO, they've won two, they got screwed in CHI. Calvin caught that friggin ball!!!! :mad3: I hope CJ is ok.

All-in-all, it wasn't a bad effort against the defending AFC champions. Manning is too smart and exploited our porous secondary. There were times when he made it look effortless.

The secondary is really a big problem. Several times this season we've given up over 400 total yards. McNabb has to shoot the lights out in order for us to win.

We're a much better team than we were last season. That's for sure.

Bears going down hard this week. Their horrible O-line will not be able to contain Orakpo. Landry should get some hits on Cutler too. He may not make it through the whole game.

I was happy with the performance in the Colts game...we nearly won. No Skins team from the last couple of years would have been able to hang with a team like the Colts...or beat the Packers. If we hadn;t dropped 4 easy INTs, it could have changed the outcome. CARLOS, LEARN TO CATCH!

We're still unbeaten in the NFC East and should win more than we lose...should beat Dallas again, NY Giants look beatable...Philly's having major health issues...

Every week we're improving, which is what we should expect from a team compeltely overhauled...new GM and coach, new offensive coordinator and system, new defensive coordinator and switch to the 3-4 (huge change for any team), new QB...

LOVING the 1-4 Dallas record! :thumbup:

Has to be one of the stupidest decisions EVER. EVER. Why? Why? I didn't see the game, but good God, WHY? It's Rex Grossman. It's not as if he benched McNabb and in came Peyton Manning. It's Rex Grossman. The guy sucks. Why would you bench your Pro Bowl quarterback and put in Rex Grossman? I understand McNabb threw the pick and wasn't playing well, but it's Rex Grossman!!!!!!!

Meanwhile, Jason Campbell threw for over 300 yards, two touchdowns and zero interceptions.

What a lousy day. Thrashed by the Lions for the second year in a row. Ugh. Ugh, ugh, ugh!!!!!

I gotta say, I'm really peeved about McNabb's benching.

At the end of last season, I was all in favor of the new coach, whomever it was to be, giving Jason Campbell another shot. The guy had an all right season last year, in spite of all the garbage around him. I wanted one more year of Campbell under a proven coach. But then we went and brought in Donovan McNabb and at first, I was iffy about it. But he's a likable guy, he said all the right things and he's a proven winner, so I bought into it and got excited.

Now, all of a sudden, heading into the bye week he's been benched for a pivotal drive in a very important game. What does this mean? Shanahan is a Super Bowl winning coach and I trust his judgment, but if I see Rex @#$% Grossman out there against the Eagles, I'm going to start to really worry about what's going on. I was all about the Redskins rebuilding this season, but when they brought in McNabb that all changed.

I understand McNabb threw the pick and wasn't playing well, but it's Rex Grossman!!!!!!!
5 wasnt the problem. When he still had something resembling a running-game and on the few occasions the o-line gave him time, he played well.

I gotta say, I'm really peeved about McNabb's benching.

Watching the game I couldnt believe it. Neither could the commentators. All offensive struggles were the O-line being manhandled by the Lions D-line.
(and a few incredible drops by receivers)

At the end of last season, I was all in favor of the new coach, whomever it was to be, giving Jason Campbell another shot.
I can understand that. Im an Eagles fan and I was still impressed by Campbell.

I was all about the Redskins rebuilding this season, but when they brought in McNabb that all changed.

They have done nothing to rebuild. Joey Galloway and Santana Moss as WR, bunch of old cast-offs as RB's and O-line?

I was absolutely flabbergasted by them (shanahans) sending in Grossman and not at all surprised when he immediately coughed up the ball.

And the next game i MNF vs Eagles. Dont worry, Kevin Kolb will lead our talented receivers into career-ending collisions in the backfield and finish the game by throwing a couple of picks.
I think Vicks confidence was severly shaken by the hit he took and he will not play with the same reckless abandon, which is what makes him so dangerous imho.

Damn this season sucks.

shanahan is saying that grossman was better prepared for the 2 minuet offense. :laugh:

well the o-line still sucks, the center stepped on mcnabbs foot and tripped him up twice early in the game.
and there were too many key penalties - like the kick off returned for a touchdown called back.
also going for (and missing) two conversions was a bad call.

Yes! What's being ignored is that McNabb doesn't have any weapons. We didn't give him anything to help him out. We brought in Larry Johnson and Willie Parker and they're now gone.

In previous seasons, the Redskins made the mistake, in my opinion, of acquiring a lot of older free agents and trying to build a superstar team. I was under the impression that this was going to change under Shanahan and Bruce Allen. That seems to be the case, for the most part. However, on Easter we decided to bring in McNabb and I have no idea why. I like McNabb. I have always liked him. He seems like an upstanding guy and he handled his stay in Philly very well. But I don't know why we signed him and then left him without any weapons to throw to.

My point is that we should have either not signed McNabb and resigned ourselves to a crappy season in which we tried to rebuild, or signed McNabb and given him talent to help him succeed. We should have pushed for Vincent Jackson. It's like they took the middle road, signed a marquee player and decided to rebuild around him. Well, that's fine, until they benched him. That just doesn't make any sense.

Here's an article by ESPN's NFC East blogger, Matt Mosley about the topic: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/20801/qb-controversy-101-with-mike-shanahan

I agree with him. If you're going to sign a Pro Bowl quarterback who has been to the NFC Championship numerous times and come a drive away from winning the Super Bowl, you do not pull him at a pivotal moment in a big game. Donovan McNabb should be out there for every single snap this season, provided he's physically able. If I see Rex Grossman out there, I'm going to have a hard time supporting this team.

Last edited:
[rant]
Kyle "i was a teenage coach 2" Shanahan does not think McNabb "fits the system"

Redskins players are on McNabbs side.

So, do you think Daddy tells his spoilt son to own up to playcalling that doesnt work or ?

Even if it would be true that 5 doesnt "fit the system", shouldnt you put the best team possible on the field every sunday and adapt the "system" to whatever players constitute your best team?

Im fed up with "genius coaches" who thinks that their "system" and play-calling is perfect and that the players **** it up.

If a coach is using Randy Moss as a possesion receiver while having the slowest WR on the team play the X, would it really be the players fault if that "system" didnt work?

You gotta make the system fit the players, not the other way around.

[/rant]

:angry:

As a Giants fan, I have a soft spot for Redskins fans. They get so excited and hopeful about their team every off-season. I've heard the predictions of impending greatness so many times. Then the season comes around and their team's usual futility takes shape. Of course, opposing NFC East fans remind them of how bad their team is and that's when all the profanity-laced rants and tirades ensue. I can't help but laugh. :laugh:

[YOUTUBE]gJVWwOmd1rQ[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
That was... really weird.

Yes, Skins fans are notoriously overly optimistic. I shed that mentality years ago. Sometime around Steve Spurrier. That said, I do think we're moving in the right direction. It's a work in progress.

I am a little skeptical about this McNabb deal, though. Five years is a long time when he's 34. He'll be almost Favre's age by the time the deal ends. I like the guy, but 39...

yea, I like McNabb but that 5 year deal is just crazy. but overpaying for aging players is par for Snyder.

the Skins will be in good shape in the division if they can pull off a win tonight... since the Giants lost yesterday.

yea, I like McNabb but that 5 year deal is just crazy. but overpaying for aging players is par for Snyder.

there is NO doubt about that..I wish he'd simply write the checks and stay out of it.

the Skins will be in good shape in the division if they can pull off a win tonight... since the Giants lost yesterday.
I remain hopeful but guarded and realisitic. It should would be nice to see some 'hype' pan out.

What a slaughter. Good freaking God.

Years ago, when he played for the Falcons, I ragged on Vick as being the most overrated athlete of all time. Well, no more (now it's Lebron). The guy has really broken out. After this, he may be the MVP. Six freaking touchdowns.

As for the Skins, we're still in this, but I'm not optimistic about this season. We're too patchwork. We have, probably, the worst group of receivers in the league. We're on our third running back. Our line isn't very good. Our defense just got beaten to hell. I mean trampled. We cannot stop the pass.

The thing is, that patchwork offense put up 28 points. That's not that bad. The problem is that our defense just can't stop anyone - Schaub, Manning, Vick, Rodgers, Bradford... Pretty much every quarterback we've faced has lit us up. I think the only exception is Kevin Kolb.

It's a work in progress, for sure.

Top Bottom