What's new

The Washington Redskins

I posted a Redskins thread a few years ago and got a good response, so here we go:

Are there any other unfortunate souls out there who have the misfortune of being a fan of the Washington Redskins? Let us come together, embrace and grieve as one.

Yes. A lifelong, tortured soul here. We've had our glory days and will again. Chin up.

We've won 3 Super Bowls in my lifetime. Some fans have never experienced one and never will...like our opponents this coming week in Philly. :001_tt2:

We've changed:

1. Whole front office and coaching staff
2. Starting QB
3. Offensive system
4. Defensive system
5. Most starters on O-line
6. Many starters playing different positions (mostly on D)

It will take a little time to get everything running smoothly, it's to be expected. The defense especially will take some time with a big transition from 4-3 to 3-4.

Don't panic, Skins fans.

I believe we'll see an anti-Zorn year. Horrid at first, firing on all cylinders by year end. 2-6 first half and 6-2 second half...completely conceivable.

We're fixing a 4-12 team...it can't be done overnight but I am confident in the majority of the changes made.

Yeah, you are right. At the beginning of the season, I told myself that I need to be patient and that transition can be slow. Then we went out and beat the Cowboys in week one and I foolishly got roped into believing that we might be a great team this year. I expected the Cowboys to trounce us and when they didn't, I started thinking that maybe I was foolishly pessimistic. It doesn't help that a lot of journalists were talking about McNabb making us instant playoff contenders. At the outset, I told myself that that's BS, but part of me believed it, because I wanted it to be true. Now we've lost to the Rams and I'm dejected, but, in truth, I knew it would be slow going.

Well, you could be a Lions fan..:crying:

No. No, I honestly don't think I could be a Lions fan. I don't think I could endure it. How many top five draft picks have the Lions had in the past decade? It's bad. No, I don't think I could root for the Lions.

We're fixing a 4-12 team...it can't be done overnight but I am confident in the majority of the changes made.

i agree. zorn and campbell leaving was the best thing that's happened to this team in a long time.
it would be great to be a playoff team this year but it not likely to happen in one season.... but i'd love to see them get a wild card this season.

hopefully trent williams comes back and the offense is able to score points in the red zone.

I sure hope none of you are as confused as I am, this week.
Im an Eagles-fan who dislikes Kolb, hates Vick, loves McNabb, hates the redskins...

Watching the game this sunday Ill be rooting for McNabb, Every Eagle except Vick and the redskins D.

I wonder if my brain will implode from the inherent confusion? :)

/H

I'm thinking this is the week Vick blows up. No one is convincing me that this guy has turned the corner and is now a good NFL quarterback. I'm not a believer until he beats a good team. The thing is, I don't know that the Redskins are a good team...

No confusion over here. I'm 100% behind the Skins.

Hakan, you are the worlds only even keeled Eagles fan. :lol:

Hakan, you are the worlds only even keeled Eagles fan. :lol:

Well, there's this one other guy... ;)

Youre probably right. :D

It's gonna be a heck of a game...(yes Ive listened to Andy Reid for eleven years and am now hopelessly inable not to use the word 'heck' when talking about football...)

Ugly, ugly, ugly win, but I'll take it! We've got a tough stretch ahead.

The real loser here is Kolb, who is going to play the role of goat even though he played all right.

Torain looked good, but so did Portis.

I think Kolb looked horrible and just like the INT-machine Ive always said he is/will be.

Not being on top of all things redskins, Torain was a pleasant surprise. My post above was made right after he flattened Quentin Mikell without slowing down.

Ive always liked Portis and all that crazy stuff he used to do with his different "personalities". :D

I never thought I would say it but Im so stuck in Donovans camp that I might as well.

Go Redskins!

SalvadorMontenegro said:
I'm thinking this is the week Vick gets blown up

There, fixed it for you. ;)

That's the terrific thing about Shanahan and one of the reasons I wanted him as our coach. He can make unknown, undervalued running backs stars.

I've always liked McNabb. I admired the way he dealt with the hostility of an Eagles fan base that booed him over and over throughout his career. They booed him as soon as he was drafted. I admired the way he dealt with the Terrell Owens fiasco. He never fired back or aired his dissent publicly. He seems to be a positive, warm, good person. I was, however, uncertain about him coming to the Redskins. He's an aging quarterback and I think the team needs to plan for the future. Now I am happy he's here. He's our first proven quarterback in forever. We haven't had a QB who is a proven winner since Mark Rypien. Can you even count him? Maybe since Joe Thiesman.

I remain, possibly foolishly, cautiously optimistic. We have a tough road ahead, beginning with the Packers on Sunday. Aaron Rodgers has been shooting the lights out and our defense has been awful.

I would like to know what the heck happened to Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas. Have they been completely scrapped in favor of Joey Galloway and Anthony Armstrong? I don't think I even saw them on the field yesterday.

A couple of weeks ago, I was scared about the stretch of GB, Indy and Chicago.

Suddenly, all three teams look beatable. We're playing well except for the Rams game.

Green Bay had to work hard to beat a Lions team with their backup QB. The Lions ran the ball very well against them. They also lost to the Bears who have been exposed as an incompete, inconsistent team. They also nearly lost the Eagles, who we just beat.

Indy lost to Jacksonville (shocking) and Houston (reasonable). They'll be without Bob Sanders(CB), possibly Gary Brackett (LB), Pierre Garcon (WR), Anthony Gonzalez (WR), Jerraud Powers(CB), Joseph Addai (RB), Donald Brown (RB)

I mentioned the Bears, who looked like complete trash against the NJ Giants who were struggling so badly, there was talk of firing Coughlin before mid-season.

These games should at least be competitive, I say we could win 2 of the 3...can't tell which two though.

proxy.php

Last edited:
my Rams beat your redskins :lol:

I don't feel so bad after you beat the Seahawks handily. The Rams are much-improved this season, especially on defense. Laurenitis is a monster. Not sold on Bradford yet though.

They could end up with 6-7 wins in that weak division.

I'm pretty sold on Bradford provided that the Rams brass are able to build up the talent around him.

A couple of weeks ago, I was scared about the stretch of GB, Indy and Chicago.

Suddenly, all three teams look beatable. We're playing well except for the Rams game.

Green Bay had to work hard to beat a Lions team with their backup QB. The Lions ran the ball very well against them. They also lost to the Bears who have been exposed as an incompete, inconsistent team. They also nearly lost the Eagles, who we just beat.

Indy lost to Jacksonville (shocking) and Houston (reasonable). They'll be without Bob Sanders(CB), possibly Gary Brackett (LB), Pierre Garcon (WR), Anthony Gonzalez (WR), Jerraud Powers(CB), Joseph Addai (RB), Donald Brown (RB)

I mentioned the Bears, who looked like complete trash against the NJ Giants who were struggling so badly, there was talk of firing Coughlin before mid-season.

These games should at least be competitive, I say we could win 2 of the 3...can't tell which two though.

proxy.php

The problem is that our pass defense stinks; and both the Colts and Packers are pass happy teams. I think we can score on the Colts porous defense, but can we keep up with Manning? I don't know.

In the present NFL, any team can beat any other team on... wait for it... any given Sunday. We could totally wipe out these difficult teams and then blow it against the supposed mediocre teams, such as the Rams. A couple of years ago, I remember this happening. We beat teams with good records and lost to the ones with bad records. Thus far, we've hung in against every team we played. At one point we were beating the Rams, until the pass defense caved and Schaub went ballistic.

As NFL commentators will tell you, over and over and over, the NFC East is "wide open." We're up top at 2-2, but only because of our wins in the division. The Cowboys are a game back. We're all playing the same teams, so it should be interesting. I think everyone expected the Beast to be up for grabs, but more because all the teams were supposed to be good.

The whole league is kind of flat right now. Are there any undefeated teams left? The Colts are usually undefeated until December and they're 2-2. It's sort of a weird year.

WHOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I'm frightened, because they're roping me in again. Every time I think I'm out, they pull me right back in!

I'll be going to the Colts game next Sunday. My Dad has season tickets.

I was telling my Dad last week that I wish we'd just blow out an opponent some week. These nail biters are taking years off my life.

LaRon Landry is turning into a beast. What a duo he would've made with Sean Taylor.

I was happy to see Jason Campbell get a win in Oakland. I hope the Raiders keep him as starter

Top Bottom