What's new

The Washington Redskins

I used to support them but I've given up. So now a random picture for the day.

proxy.php

This is all besides the point. Regardless of Vinny's absence, the Redskins have traditionally been horrible talent evaluators (or just unlucky for the last decade or so.) They've traded away picks for aging former stars of other teams; they beefed up their defensive secondary, which was pretty decent last year, when they had an aging O-line... the list goes on. Will the possibilty of one or two spots higher in the first round make that much of a difference? Again, with someone else making the calls, who can say for certain? I'm dubious, to say the least.
about the length of Cerrato's tenure?
On the other hand, if you accept that you're not necessarily going to get the answer in the draft, then you have to do what you can to make yourself attractive to potential trades. (Besides, drafts are mostly investments in future seasons.) Money helps, but two teams offering similar deals, and one of them isn't the redskins has to be taken into account. If they finish strong, and show like there's something to build on next year, that evaluation might work out differently.

I just hope he has his dad's good sense and mixes GOOD Vets with young talent and we make a better run next year....it is gtteing hard to be a fan, but I am not quitting

They're discussing Mike Shanahan coaching the Redskins on ESPN. I wonder when people will figure out that it wouldn't matter if they resurrected the corpse of Vince Lombardi and made him coach the team, it's a locker room chemistry and ownership issue.

Though I will say this: Shanahan would call better plays than Zorn or Sherm Lewis.

I'm 100% for Shanahan. I don't think we're coaxing Cowher or Dungy out of retirement, I don't want Jon Gruden and I'm uncertain about Holmgren. Shanahan is a good fit, I think. He's an expert at building offensive lines and in Denver he was able to get incredible production out of running backs who failed elsewhere or went on to fail elsewhere, meaning we don't need to spend a ton of money on some big name half back. He consistently produced winning teams in Denver and coached Elway to his two Super Bowl rings. I would be very happy to have Mike Shanahan in Washington, D.C.

I agree that we need better chemistry, but I also think that consistency fosters chemistry. We need a coach who we can give the car keys to for three or four years and say, "Give us a winning team by the time those three or four years are up." The problem with Snyder has always been that he's impatient. Case in point: he fired Marty Schottenheimer after one season. Schottenheimer went on to do great things in San Diego. Very few coaches have the kind of luck that the Colts new coach is having. It usually takes a bit of time to build a successful team. Dungy didn't take the Colts to the Super Bowl in his first year and Belichick went 5-11 in his first season as coach of the Patriots. Whoever we hire, we have to give the guy unconditional support for at LEAST two years.

I am optimistic about the future now that Cerrato is gone. It'd be great if we could get a new owner, but there's no way that's happening, so I'll take what I can get.

Longtime Skins fan checking in. 25+ years and I'm only 33...born and raised in New York....weird.

We are at the bottom...it can only get better from here.

"That's what I keep telling myself anyway." :001_unsur

Eagles fan looking in from the outside but it looks as though the Redskin's problem are greater than any GM or coach (how many in the last 10 years?) can fix. That points right at ownership. I take it that Snyder is one to butt in on football operations that he should delegate to people who know what they are doing?

Eagles fan looking in from the outside but it looks as though the Redskin's problem are greater than any GM or coach (how many in the last 10 years?) can fix. That points right at ownership. I take it that Snyder is one to butt in on football operations that he should delegate to people who know what they are doing?

no argument there at all. If he'd just pay up and SHUT up we'd do better. He should knows this since he hired people all the time to do a job. I doubt he micromanaged them.

Unfortunately (fortunately?) I didn't see the game, as I don't have cable and didn't feel like going to a bar. My Dad and brother went to the game and apparently got some rowdy Giants fans arrested...

I didn't think we would get beat this bad. What a slaughter.

I'm going to the Cowboys game next week, so maybe I'll bring some good luck. :thumbup1:

Well, we lost today, but things are looking up. We actually scored points and our quarterback threw for over 300 yards. I don't think that's been done since the 90's. I'm being sarcastic, but it is good to see Donovan play well. Unfortunately our pass defense blew it and our running attack was pathetic.

Hail to the Redskins!

I've been a fan since my earliest memories in the Doug Williams era. It's been a rough ride since 1991, but I'm no fairweather fan. I'm sticking with 'em.

Well, we lost today, but things are looking up. We actually scored points and our quarterback threw for over 300 yards. I don't think that's been done since the 90's. I'm being sarcastic, but it is good to see Donovan play well. Unfortunately our pass defense blew it and our running attack was pathetic.

Im an eagles fan. Ive never believed in Kolb and I really dislike Michael Vick.
Today sucks. :)

So, until they get rid of Vick I cant cheer for my team. Id like to cheer for Donovan, and I can almost do that even when he's in a redskins uniform, but I just cant cheer for the redskins D.

What's up with Larry Johnson by the way? Wasnt he supposed to be a "really good" albeit, aging, runningback? He has been so bad it's almost funny...

hail to Donovan McNabb.
:thumbup1:

We dropped Larry Johnson yesterday, I think. Either that or the day before. Either way, he's gone. So is Willie Parker. What a waste of time. Now we just need to dump Albert.

The Vick decision is historically bad. Historically. The whole thing is bad. They had another year with McNabb. If they wanted the best chance to win, why would they bother trading him? Vick is a short term solution, but what do they do long term? Vick has never been a good passing quarterback. He's beaten the Lions. That's it. This is going to blow up so bad. The Eagles have pretty much thrown away their season.

Hail to the Redskins!

I've been a fan since my earliest memories in the Doug Williams era. It's been a rough ride since 1991, but I'm no fairweather fan. I'm sticking with 'em.

It's been a hell of a ride, that's for sure.

I still remember that Super Bowl where Doug beat the Broncos. Great game, great performance. We haven't been good since Rypien. Ugh. I think we're turning the corner, though. We lost last week, but our offense actually scored points. When was the last time we did that? It's a work in progress, but I'm finally somewhat optimistic.

We dropped Larry Johnson yesterday, I think. Either that or the day before. Either way, he's gone. So is Willie Parker. What a waste of time. Now we just need to dump Albert.
Thank god LJ is gone.

Being new to the Haynesworth primadonna, I'd still like him to play. He's a dominant player when wants to play...

O has been better than D.

The Vick decision is historically bad.
This is going to blow up so bad. The Eagles have pretty much thrown away their season.

They threw away the season when they traded Donovan. Now it's gone through the shredder! :lol:

Let's hope Donovan can win it all for you guys.

Top Bottom