What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

proxy.php

ELF.

We watched it with the kids tonight, first time I had seen it. Quite enjoyable.

Next up will probably be "A Christmas Story". I've seen it a dozen or more times, but not with the kids yet. If they don't enjoy it, they'll be on shovel and doggy do-do patrol for the rest of the winter.

ELF.

Next up will probably be "A Christmas Story". I've seen it a dozen or more times, but not with the kids yet. If they don't enjoy it, they'll be on shovel and doggy do-do patrol for the rest of the winter.
Christmas tradition! "Oh, it's not a costume."

"Birdman". Another stunning technical achievement from the director of "Gravity". Compelling, if confounding story. Some terrific performances.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The Dark Knight Rises

I saw it opening day at a midnight drive-in double feature with TDK, but that was over 2 years ago and I really didn't remember it all that well. Or rather, I could hardly remember anything Bane said at the time. That voice, with crummy drive-in sound, wasn't so great.

Watching it again, it was good. Not spectacular, but very good.

My favourite thing about the Nolan trilogy is that even with all the liberties he takes with the source material (and he does, but concessions must be made for film of course ), he gets the "essence" of the story/characters so perfectly. Like, Bane for example. Virtually everything about his character in the movie is changed from how he was originally written. His appearance, his back story, etc. But his role (completely and utterly breaking Batman and Gotham) was so bang on. Still pretty choked about how he got taken out though.

"We both know I have to kill you now. You'll have to imagine the fire"
With Ledger's performance in the Dark Knight there was no way to top it

Every Which Way But Loose. Lost track of how many times I've seen it but I love it more every time. Watching Any Which Way You Can tomorrow night.

ELF.

There's "A Christmas Story 2" waiting on my dvr since xmas of last year. I hope it's good enough for me to sit through it. Maybe I'll add it during the 24hr original one marathon.

Top Bottom