What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

I just searched by title and it came up. First one. Just be sure you don't accidentally watch a clip of the ending and ruin it for yourself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePkcsSvnu0I&feature=relmfu

Terrible acting and really uncomfortable looking shorts. Everything an 80's slasher flick should have.

It's not bad, just take it all with a sense of amusement and nostalgia.

Tony, you must work for a great cinema.

Thanks Gents.

Mick

Zulu. I watch this movie every year or two. Nice performance by Michael Caine, great performances by whoever played the mutton-chopped Colour Sergeant Bourne, and whoever played the ne'er-do-well Private Hook. One of my favorite war movies.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II with my son over Easter weekend while there on a visit. I was way behind times with the Potter series, having never seen it until he stuck the first one in his neato large screen projection system less than two years ago. A Potter movie got to be a traditional event each time we went up for a visit. It was fun but now is over. The series certainly changed between the first and the last movies.

Oh sure, I watched that as soon as I saw you mention it. I liked it, in an amusing 80's cringe way. And the ending I thought was going to happen was wrong, so that's always nice.

I was wondering how the ending came out for you.

I think you can see the killer coming, but the final twist is a doozy. Glad you liked it!

I gotta get me some shorts like that...

Watched a bunch of movies. Here we go!:

Moneyball: I love sports and I love movies, but I rarely love sports movies. I really enjoyed this one. Probably because there were few scenes of the game being played and more focus on the business side of baseball. Great performances by Pitt, Hill and Seymour Hoffman.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: This was the David Fincher version. I'm still trying to decide whether or not I like it more than the Swedish film. They both had pros and cons. This film definitely benefited from Fincher's prowess. However, I do not like what he did with the Lisbeth Salander character. How she was portrayed at the end. Rooney Mara is hot. Just wanted to throw that in, too.

My Week with Marilyn: I love this period in cinema. Very enjoyable movie with a great performance by Michelle Williams. I really like Brannagh, but he didn't blow me away in this, except for when he was quoting Shakespeare (as Olivier).

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy: I have mixed feelings. I loved the last... 45 minutes, or so. The rest of the film was very slow and it took me forever to figure out what was going on. Worth watching.

Adventures of Tin Tin: Reaaaaaaaaaallllly wanted to like it. Would have benefitted from a lot less action and a lot more dialogue. It was one action scene after another, after another, after another. All well done, but it got tedious. Some clever match cuts, cuts, etc. I imagine that Spielberg was thinking of David Lean.

Watched V for Vendetta yesterday. Still love that movie.

Followed that by watching the Afro Samuri series. Good stuff, but I need to get the movie now.

Recently finished Keep 'Em Flying (1941) and Some Like It Hot (1959).

Keep 'Em Flying is an Abbott & Costello film where the boys assist the Army Air Corp for a little while. I believe this is my favorite Abbott & Costello movie to date. I didn't realize it until the credits rolled, but Martha Raye was the leading lady in the film.

Some Like It Hot definitely lived up to its pedigree as the 22nd movie in the American Film Institute's Top 100 Films list. I disagree with them about it being the funniest movie ever, though. It was more of a chuckler for me, instead of a LOLer. Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon were great, and Marilyn Monroe lived up to her billing as well. Yowza. :ihih:

Dave

Immortals. Don't bother unless you're just really into CG and don't care about a decent story at all.

I just watched it and agree with you completely. A total mess. And it violated my no. 1 movie pet peeve: the lighting was so deliberately murky and dim I could only see about 60% of what was going on anyway. Why do they keep making movies that are so dark they are unwatchable?

It's not a movie, but I watched the entire 6 seasons of The Wonder Years over the last couple of weeks. Last night was the final few episodes, and that last one's a heart-wrencher.

A lot of people see the show as being about Kevin's childhood and his relationship with Winnie, but I think it's all about his relationship with his old man. The way the close the show with Kevin and his Dad talking at the kitchen table made me want to call my Dad right away. Nostalgic, yes, but a great show nonetheless.

"Trumbo" one of the most fun documentaries I've ever watched. It's about being black listed, freedom of speech...etc. I watch it every couple of months.

Morituri: Good cast (Marlon Brando and Yul Brynner) and some good cinematography, but not a very good movie. Pretty mediocre.

I Saw the Devil: This was one of the most disturbing films that I've seen. I really can't enjoy a movie like this. I don't know whether it was good or bad, but I didn't really like it.

Top Bottom