What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Frankenstein's Army. It was different.

That's putting it lightly.

It had a good premises but feel they didn't execute as well as they could have. I almost turned it off but I had too much time invested into it so stuck it out.

Last edited:
Slow day at work, so it's movie day!
Thor- Snore...
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter- Fun, if a bit silly.
Priest- Kinda neat, in a dark noir-ish kind of way. Reminds me a bit of a PS2 game I used to have called Darkwatch.
Hellboy and Hellboy 2: The Golden Army- Second one is my favorite. I'm a sucker for Guillermo del Toro.

Leon, the Professional - Natalie Portman in her breakout role, Jean Reno in his biggest role, Gary Oldman doing what he does best, playing a baddie. A few miscues, but overall a rough, hard-hitting drama. *** of four.

Dark Skies. Grim, spooky, and depressing alien abduction movie. No explanations for anything, no reasons why stuff happens, no resolution of anything at the end.

The Devil's Backbone. Decent horror / revenge film. Not very scary, really; more emphasis on the revenge plot than any horror aspect. Subtitled.

The Fifth Element. Completely pointless, a bit hard to follow, and cheesy in extremis. Man, do I love it. :laugh:

Tapatalk only showed 1/2 of your comment...needless to say I almost passed out from the shock that you didn't like this classic. Luckily I finished your post before losing myself!

Tapatalk only showed 1/2 of your comment...needless to say I almost passed out from the shock that you didn't like this classic. Luckily I finished your post before losing myself!
:lol: No hate here! Come to think of it, I watched it yesterday as well. Whilst I wasn't old enough to see it in theaters, I vividly remember begging my parents to let me see it. In that respect, it has a great deal of nostalgia for me. Kind of like Van Helsing, which is up next. :laugh:

Frozen, by choice of my wife and daughter. I don't get all the hype. I give it a big "meh" though the payoff device at the end surprised me.

My wife, daughter and now myself as well have been sick for a week and this movie has been on repeat for much of that time. To be honest, I like it a lot, and i'm not someone that has watched a lot of kid movies (this is changing). Yes I'm pretty tired of it, but i think the adventure, characters, music, message, etc are all well done.

Very fun movie.

Watching 12 Angry Men, the Fonda/Krugman version. Most of the movie is filmed in one room. The acting, and story line, is incredible.

12 Angry Men is one of my all time favourites. It was brilliantly done and I thought all of the actors did a terrific job. I love when plays are adapted effectively to the big screen. There's something to be said for old school story telling.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
12 Angry Men is one of my all time favourites. It was brilliantly done and I thought all of the actors did a terrific job. I love when plays are adapted effectively to the big screen. There's something to be said for old school story telling.
Hmmm, now I think I will try to find the Hoffman/Malkovich version of Death of a Salesman. It has been decades since I saw it last.

The Hunter. Willem Dafoe was pretty good in it, but the story is very sad and a total downer. :crying:

C'mon, Australia. Make a few silly / happy movies. Whatever happened to the guy who made Young Einstein?

Jirokichi, the Rat. Made in 1931, this is a really interesting Japanese "silent," where the soundtrack contains a spoken soundtrack like you'd find in many Japanese theaters of that time. The soundtrack is ironic, funny, satiric...and adds a dimension you'd never expect a "silent" film could have. The plot is a run-of-the-mill period piece, but the narration makes for great entertainment. 7 of ten.

Top Bottom