What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

I think she is getting better with age:thumbup:

+1 ... same is true for Maya Rudolph, Amy Poehler, and many other female cast-members from SNL.

About the only SNL Alumness that hasn't aged at all is Julia Louis-Dreyfuss.
She still looks the same as she did years ago.

I can't wait to see what Cecily Strong looks like 20 years from now.

Last edited:
+1 ... same is true for Maya Rudolph, Amy Poehler, and many other female cast-members from SNL.

Getting better with time
Julia

[FONT=&quot]For her performance on [/FONT]Veep Louis-Dreyfus has received several accolades, including the 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series,[SUP][47][/SUP] the 2013 and 2014 Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, the 2014 Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series and the 2014 Television Critics Association Award for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Comedy. Her Emmy winning performance on Veep resulted in her becoming the only woman to win an acting award for three separate comedy series.[SUP][48][/SUP] Her five Emmy wins for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series tie her with Mary Tyler Moore and Candice Bergen for the most wins in that category. Her Emmy nomination in 2013 marked her 14th acting nomination, surpassing the record long-held by Lucille Ball.[SUP][48][/SUP] She has also been nominated as one of the producers for Veep in the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Comedy Series category in 2012, 2013 and 2014, but the show lost to Modern Family on all three occasions. The show won the Comedy Series award in 2015.[SUP][49][/SUP] Her performance has additionally garnered her four consecutive Satellite Award nominations and four consecutive Golden Globe Award nominations.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Binge watching Parks and Recreation- excellent

Finally watched Phase IV, the only feature by the great designer Saul Bass. Very creepy, interesting and incredibly photographed (although one would expect that from Bass) with convincing effects even for that era. I would highly recommend it.

Binge watching Parks and Recreation- excellent

Season 1 was mediocre - I almost didn't continue. Series is quality after that (I'm on season 5 now :))

I enjoyed Parks And Recreation, the show had a lot of good characters. One of my favorites was Ron Swanson. I love it the time he went to a steak house and they served him a salad. In disgust he says, "There must be some kind of mistake. You've served me the food that my food eats." The occasional appearances of his ex-wife (but his wife in real life) Megan Mullally were usually a hoot.

Is it just me or is the character Arpil Ludgate totally annoying? I understand that her bad attitude is supposedly the source of comedy for her role but I'd get annoyed at almost everything she said.

Last edited:
I enjoyed Parks And Recreation, the show had a lot of good characters. One of my favorites was Ron Swanson. I love it the time he went to a steak house and they served him a salad. In disgust he says, "There must be some kind of mistake. You've served me the food that my food eats." The occasional appearances of his ex-wife (but his wife in real life) Megan Mullally were usually a hoot.

Is it just me or is the character Arpil Ludgate totally annoying? I understand that her bad attitude is supposedly the source of comedy for her role but I'd get annoyed at almost everything she said.

I didn't know they were married in real life. That makes that even funnier. The does where she was guest were always a highlight.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

I am hoping to see Duke Silver again.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Maybe I'm strange, but I like April and Andy.

Amy (2015)

proxy.php

The 2010 version of True Grit...
Not bad, actually but now I have to go back and re-watch the John Wayne version since I don't remember the ending of that version.

The only thing that really annoyed me was the way the characters would start talking without contractions (I will not stay here with .......) and then the next sentence would be with contractions (I'll get my money or .......)

Top Bottom