What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

I enjoyed Mud. I was pleased that I ended up liking it more than I thought I would. I think McConnaughey did himself a favor by taking the role because he was excellent in it and it helped me gain more respect for him as an actor.

Watch True Detective. Then you will really respect McConnaughey. I did a complete 180 on my opinion of him.

Watch True Detective. Then you will really respect McConnaughey. I did a complete 180 on my opinion of him.

I've heard good things about that show. I don't have HBO but I put True Detective on my Netflix list so I'll eventually get a chance to check it out.

Saw X-Men: Days of Future Past last night. We debated between that and Amazing Spideman 2, and went with X-Men, since we recently watched the last one. Very good. I think these last two films are probably the best of the X-Men movies.

Enough Said - Surprisingly good rom-com starring Julia Marie-Drefus and the late James Gandolfini in a story about gossip and white lies. It's an honest, funny film that Woody Allen doesn't make anymore.

HÄXAN: WITCHCRAFT THROUGH THE AGES. A technically incredible silent film from 1922. The clip below excerpts part of the confession and the black mass...So, if witches and devils are triggers for you...Well, there you go. There is no music in this clip either. If I can make a recommendation, steer clear of the 1968 re-release with a jazz score and a William S. Burroughs narration.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Impossible - A family vacations in Thailand, but on Christmas day, an earthquake and tidal wave destroys the coast and leaves countless victims. Based solidly on eyewitness accounts, this recounts the tsunami - and the daunting rescue. *** of four

The Impossible - A family vacations in Thailand, but on Christmas day, an earthquake and tidal wave destroys the coast and leaves countless victims. Based solidly on eyewitness accounts, this recounts the tsunami - and the daunting rescue. *** of four

That's a great movie to watch as a family.

The Fault in Our Stars, based on the novel by John Green. Saw it yesterday afternoon in a near-empty cinema. Aimed at young adults, but with some very adult concepts.

Julius Caesar - This is mentioned as one of the best Shakespeare adaptations on film, and it has a cast that's to die for (Marlon Brando, James Mason, John Geilgud...). The digital transfer was flawless. I'm glad I finally saw this.
***1/2 stars of four

The Monuments Men The film tried to cover too much in two hours. They sent guys in several directions and hopped from story to story. As a result none were done justice IMO. They narrowed the focus and it got better toward the end but it would have been a better mini series... say five two hour segments.

New Xmen movie. The plot was just ok...but overall great cast and entertaining. And that's really all I expect out of those kind of movies.

Ted- A few laughs but overall not that great.

The Island, a sci fi action movie from a few years ago starring Ewan MacGregor and Scarlet Johansen. Way too long, and not very good on top of that.

Top Bottom