What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Kingsmen: The Secret Service. Silly and over the top but enjoyable. Pretty good brainless popcorn action movie, but definitely not family friendly, tons of violence and some sex.

Withnail & I a classic that I've wanted to see for a while. Lots of funny moments, but chuckles rather than rolling on the floor laughter. Not that I roll on the floor much these days :001_rolle

Last edited:
The Night Before 7.5/10

A very funny and entertaining film. A must see if you like comedy and pranks. And Christmas. This is a about three best friends trying to find the best Christmas party so they can party there heads off. They encounter a lot of obstacles along the way which are funny and entertaining. The film keeps you laughing all the way through. Check it out.

Trumbo

While I'm sure it was made in a very rose-tinted pro-Trumbo light, overall it worked.
Great performance from Cranston. Possibly Oscar winning.

Creed - classic Rocky flick. Very entertaining.

I'm looking forward to renting this one. Enjoy the Rocky movies.

I saw Jurassic World over the holiday. Really enjoyed it. Though I'd love a movie that shows how they FINALLY opened the park.

Also watched Attack of the Clones with the wife. Just as bad as the first time.....

I watched two movies this week that I meant to see in theaters over the summer. Terminator Genisys and Jurassic World. I love both franchises, but they're just beating a dead horse with Terminator. It was better than the 3rd and 4th installments but it should have ended with Judgement Day.

I watched two movies this week that I meant to see in theaters over the summer. Terminator Genisys and Jurassic World. I love both franchises, but they're just beating a dead horse with Terminator. It was better than the 3rd and 4th installments but it should have ended with Judgement Day.

I still want to see Genisys, but expect it to be bad. Did you read any of the T2 books that were out? I believe it was a trilogy. They were surprisingly good....and should have been the next movies. How'd you feel about The Sarah Connor Chronicles?

I still want to see Genisys, but expect it to be bad. Did you read any of the T2 books that were out? I believe it was a trilogy. They were surprisingly good....and should have been the next movies. How'd you feel about The Sarah Connor Chronicles?
I haven't read the books but I think I'll be checking those out now, I didn't know they existed. I have mixed feelings about the Sarah Connor Chronicles. The show started off strong but ran out of steam pretty quickly. The writers strike definitely contributed to that. It probably could have been saved if it had better casting. John Connor was just too much of a wimp. Genisys is worth watching at least once but it falls right in line with the Hollywood trend of "let's bring back the 80's and early 90's!"

The Man from UNCLE: This was a pretty fun adaptation of the old TV series. I do like that the director, Guy Ritchie, kept the setting in the early Sixties because it gave it a nice retro feel. There was a good balance of humor and action – well worth watching

Terminator Genysis: About as over-the-top as you would expect from the newest installment of the series. I did like the alternative timeline explanations, they were simple and bridged all of the continuity issues that happen when you have a bunch of earlier stand-alone movies. Plus there were some nice details within this one; from the “aging and healing Terminator” to the wearing of authentic Nike Vandals in the dept store.

I haven't read the books but I think I'll be checking those out now, I didn't know they existed. I have mixed feelings about the Sarah Connor Chronicles. The show started off strong but ran out of steam pretty quickly. The writers strike definitely contributed to that. It probably could have been saved if it had better casting. John Connor was just too much of a wimp. Genisys is worth watching at least once but it falls right in line with the Hollywood trend of "let's bring back the 80's and early 90's!"

Here's a link to the series I was referring to. Hope you enjoy it. And I hope it's as good as my memory seems to make it. :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T2_(novel_series)

Top Bottom