What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

While they aren't movies, I watched Cheap Trick at Budokan and the second season of Eastbound & Down. I could totally pull off one of those El Flama Blanco suits. Yeah baby. :ihih:

Dave

I watched E&D's new episode last night. The first 15 minutes of it was absolutely hilarious. The show's always pretty funny, but I was cracking up last night.

Quite a few over the last few days.

Yesterday was my lazy day off and I watched a Batman marathon with Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman and Robin. The last two are nearly unwatchable. Last night, SWMBO and I watched Purple Rain. Prince is a genius, even if he's not much of a filmmaker. Today I'm watching Gangs of New York.

Warrior - Very good, "Rockyesque" but deeper storyline.
Session 9 - "Ehh"... Decent. Multiple personalities has been so over done, I think I've seen the movie before but didn't really realize until the end. If that tells you how memorable it was. :) Not bad though.

And started the mini-series Kings. Didn't realize the first episode was two hours long so got through 45 minutes and will revisit that tonight hopefully.

RoboGeisha

The director, Noboru Iguchi, has been here in Austin for Fantastic Fest each of the last two years. In 2010 for Mutant Girls Squad and in 2011 for Zombie ***. I had the pleasure or meeting him on both occasions, and he's really a sweet guy - especially considering the material he produces. He's really good to his fans.

Yesterday was Son's Day (my son's half-birthday), so I was a bad parent and broke him out of school after lunch and (at his request) we saw Star Wars: Episode I- The Phantom Menace 3D (1999/2012). I really tried to go into this wanting to like it, but the movie is just so uneven from start to finish. Too many kid parts, but then you have too much politics, which almost caused us both to drop off. If Naboo and its inhabitants had been cooler, that would have helped matters. To quote my son "At least we got the bad one out of the way!".

Then last night we finished off Ghost Rider (2007). I won't call it a great movie by any means, but after suffering through TPM it was an improvement. I liked Ghost Rider more than I did when I saw it at the theater way back in 2007.

Legion

Staff member
The director, Noboru Iguchi, has been here in Austin for Fantastic Fest each of the last two years. In 2010 for Mutant Girls Squad and in 2011 for Zombie ***. I had the pleasure or meeting him on both occasions, and he's really a sweet guy - especially considering the material he produces. He's really good to his fans.

The only other of his films I've seen is Machine girl, which was fun.

Looking at wikipedia it seems he mostly directs adult films. I won't type them here, but some of the titles are hilarious!

I started to watch J Edgar last night
I had to stop because my little guy got up and by the time I had him settled it was late
I plan on finishing it tonight

"In Time" with timberlake. Never thought I'd like a justin timberlake movie since I'm not a fan in any way. However, the movie has a premise I've never seen before and was well worth the time. Genetically engineered people live and grow seemingly normally until they're 25, at which time a clock on their arm starts to count down for 1 year until they fall over dead. If the person works then they get more time on their clock to live. After age 25 everyone stops aging.. so there are 80 year olds that look 25. Also, some people are "rich" and have thousands or years at their disposal. Most of the people in the ghetto live from day to day, with 24 hours on their clock, so seeing a dead person on the sidewalk is normal. It's a social commentary and worth watching for its never before seen premise.

In this movie, time IS $.

Top Bottom