What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Into the Inferno- A documentary on Netflix about volcanos. Some great cinematography but a little long and dry.
The Lobster- It very strange and not as good as I expected.
Green Room- On Amazon Prime. Patrick Stewart plays the villian. Hes good in it but it was pretty graphically violent ( a little over the top for my tastes). Pretty entertaining movie though.

Mechanic Resurrection: This was a mid-budget action flick with Jason Statham. The plot was nothing special, just a thin thread to join together the 3 hits that must look like accidental deaths - or the girl he just met will be killed, blah, blah blah.....

The stunts are why you watch these movies and those were overly complex and unrealistic - in other words perfect for this type of movie. I liked it for what it was; 90 minutes of mindless entertainment. Solid 3/5

Warcraft: I am sure it did the online game proud, but as just a person seeing the movie...meh. The CGI orcs were (intentionally I would think) pretty cartoonish and perhaps the whole story line would have been more clear if I had greater familiarity with the game. It was a suitably big summertime movie, but played like a baseline for a franchise because nothing was resolved at the movie's end. 2.25 / 5

I completely agree with your review. No great resolution. Just meh. As a guy who played the game for years, that movie was true to the in-game lore, but should have been released about 10 years ago. They covered the second expansion (the burning crusade) but really didn't touch on anything new. Most of the people I know who have or are playing thought it was crap.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
How was it? Trailer looks promising

Dark, disturbing, brilliant. I am so very glad I didn't read the plethora of reviews (good and bad) prior to seeing the film. I saw short trailer clips too and that was it prior to viewing it as an early matinee today. A shaving analogy might help here; the film was like TABAC, more than likely a love/hate. If you decide to view it I would be interested in your take on the film. Being a bachelor now I watched it in a local theater nearly alone. Perhaps 3 couples and two other singles in a huge 16 screen mega-plex.

Top Bottom