What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Songs about guns?- Drive By Truckers' - Nine Bullets- interesting take- love how Patterson Hood always writes his low-life characters in the first person.

Tonight watched "Herb & Dorothy", doc about the Vogels.

John Wick was so awesome, cant wait for the sequel.

Kingsman: secret service.

What a fantastic action movie, i regret not watching this in theaters. 10/10.

I re-watched again the other night Dick.

Well, that doesn't look right. Anyway, a funny take on the Watergate story with a pretty decent cast and a really good soundtrack. A tremendously stupid premise that's actually smart for a comedy. One quibble...the Nixon White House dog was named King Timahoe, not Checkers. Checkers was the spaniel sacrificed on the altar along with Pat's good, Republican cloth coat to save Dick's bacon in the 1954 campaign.

John Wick was so awesome, cant wait for the sequel.

Kingsman: secret service.

What a fantastic action movie, i regret not watching this in theaters. 10/10.

Those are two great action movies. I was pleasantly surprised by both movies. Though if I watch Jon Wick again I will be fast forwarding through the first 15 minutes of it.

10/10. Loved it. If you are a fan of music, especially 60's, it's worth a watch.

Beware of Mr Baker

Last edited by a moderator:
Focus: Not the best outing by one of the most bankable stars in Hollywood: Will Smith. The movie's meandering between a caper film and a weak mentor-pupil romance (My Fair Lady of con artists) was boring, with the only slightly amusing moments being had when supporting actor Adrian Martinez is on screen.

Get Hard: It was another major studio comedy release that was only "ok". I thought that some of the Kevin Hart / Will Ferrell interaction was funny, but I am very happy that this was a Netflix rental instead of a movie theater outlay

The Hobbit trilogy. Love the book, liked the movies. Peter Jackson felt the need to stretch out the three movies to nearly nine hours by re-writing J.R.R. Tolkien. The movies feel a bit dumbed down and bloated.

Black Sea: The premise of a bunch of salvage guys going out in a private submarine (a minutes-from-scrap WWII russian diesel boat) to find a sub filled with lost Nazi gold was thin, but the movie stretched it even thinner.

Not quite a psychological thriller and too slow to be an action movie, it will probably do OK as a late TBS / TNT movie.

Top Bottom