What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Mad Max - Fury Road: I'm not going to say this was "a movie", this was "art"

Beautiful women clad in wet gauze - check, post-apocalyptic car chases - check, a guy playing a flame throwing guitar while riding on a car made out of concert speakers - check.

Let me me total that all up....carry the one...yup, it is art

Rosemary's Baby (SWMBO's mother is named Rosemary), had to insist she watched a cult classic with a great premise that she was the spawn of a witch coven.

Escobar:paradise Lost (2014)

proxy.php

American Sniper. Eh, not as great as the right made it out to be, and not nearly as bad as the left made it out to be.

The most interesting thing about it is the toilet. After Kyle comes home, he is taking a shower, and his wife flushes their toilet to scald him. The toilet doesn't have a push lever, it has some sort of pull lever in the middle of the tank. What kind of toilet is this? Do all the toilets in Texas have pull levers? Never saw one of those before.

Breaking News: A satire of manipulating the media by two opposing groups; a group of robbers and the police. It was a fair movie, not as good as Johnny To's other works in Hong Kong cinema

Win Win. This isn't the type of movie I'd typically go for but it was a good movie with good human drama. The actor who played the troubled kid was very good as was Paul Giamatti. The movie was a win.

Went with my daughter to see a quite funny kids film called "Bill". If you like Horrible Histories then you'll like this one.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm watching Kelly's Heroes, right now, with my pre-teen son, and it's a little piece of paradise.

Avengers: Age of Ultron: Watched it with my 10 yr old son last night. It was much more frenetic and unfocused than the previous MCU entries, I think that I am going to have to do a rewatch to fully get all that was going on. My son is exactly the target demographic; he was doing the "yahhaas" and the "ooofffs" right along with the movie, as if he was responding to the audience queue cards

Top Bottom