What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

The absolute last movie I saw was The Incredibles - we have it on the DVR, and the kids were watching it when I got home from the office last night.

A couple of weeks ago I was at the library with the kids and decided to pick up Chariots of Fire for a re-watch. It wasn't as good as I remembered. I'd planned on watching it alone, but surprisingly my girls (2 and 4 years old) sat through the entire thing and actually seemed to enjoy it.

Last movie in the theater was "The Men Who Stare at Goats" - it was disappointing. It's a good thing we saw it with free passes - if I'd paid to see it, I'd have been pissed.

Agree that Taken is as good an action flick as I've seen in awhile. Neeson is an excellent badass.

Christmas Vacation. I had seen the other 3 Vacation movies but not this one. It was just ok. I think Vegas Vacation is the best of the Vacation movies.

Death Note. A cool Japanese movie about a kid who starts killing criminals by writing their names in a Death Note notebook and the chase to stop him.

We'll be watching the second part Death Note 2:The Last Name & Julie & Julia tonight/tomorrow night.

"Funny People," with Adam Sandler and Seth Rogen.

I have to modify my entry - the wife and I watched "The Big Sleep" last night. I have seen it countless times, but she never had.

Bogie and Bacall - not quite as much on-screen chemistry as "To Have and Have Not", but still pretty good.

proxy.php

Man, Woman, & the Wall.

Japanese indy film that I caught on Netflix. If you enjoy quirky Japanese films, like me, you'll probably like it. If not, pass. I think most would find this film a tad mediocre. Low budget, lots of nudity/sex (don't watch with your kids).

I have to modify my entry - the wife and I watched "The Big Sleep" last night. I have seen it countless times, but she never had.

Bogie and Bacall - not quite as much on-screen chemistry as "To Have and Have Not", but still pretty good.

proxy.php

A great flick. But you better be paying attention! Bogart's the man.

The last movie I watched was "G.I. Joe, The Rise Of Cobra". Having grown up in the 80's and collecting G.I. Joe comic books and action figures (all of which I still have) I was very excited about watching this movie. This movie was easily the biggest let-down in movies I have ever seen.

DL

Had to take a break from my job-search last week.

Stopped in an artistry movie theater at matinée time to see "The Road".

Not what I would call your typical Hollywood "Feel Good" movie.

It is not so much a movie of survival in a post-apocalyptic world but the triumph of the "Human Spirit". Or as one of the characters says, the "Flame" in us.

A thoughtful movie.

Last edited:
The last movie I watched was "G.I. Joe, The Rise Of Cobra". Having grown up in the 80's and collecting G.I. Joe comic books and action figures (all of which I still have) I was very excited about watching this movie. This movie was easily the biggest let-down in movies I have ever seen.

DL

That's what I was afraid of.....

Having made the discovery that Hulu lets you stream full episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000, I watched the episode on the 60's Italian spy movie "Secret Agent Super Dragon."

Kid Gallahad (1937) Edward G. Robinson, Bette Davis, Humphrey Bogart

I had never seen it and it was fantastic. Saw it last week on TCM.

Top Bottom