What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

The Place Beyond the Pines

I'm still processing it. I agree with the reviews that say the first two segments were great and the third kinda lost steam. It was maybe a little over-ambitious.

I watched both Oblivion and Elysium this week. In both cases I was not particularly interested in seeing them as they looked like typical over-produced post-apocalyptic summer blockbusters (Dear President of Hollywood, any other themes this summer?). In both cases I was pleasantly surprised. I would score them each a solid 7 or even 7.5 out of 10.

Watched Layer Cake on demand last night.
Very good.
The "surprise!" ending was a bit superfluous I thought. Otherwise very good. At least up there with Snatch and Lock, Stock etc.

My wife and I saw the techno thriller Paranoia at the theater over the weekend. Terrible. Just terrible. Can't believe Gary Oldman and especially Harrison Ford participated in that crapfest.

Watched Pain and Gain last night with my wife. Pretty good movie. VERY dark (but very funny!), especially when you realize it's based on a true story (pretty much only the names were changed). I'd recommend it if you like dark comedies.

Cheers,

M.

Watched Pain and Gain last night with my wife. Pretty good movie. VERY dark (but very funny!), especially when you realize it's based on a true story (pretty much only the names were changed).

I suspect they changed far more than the names if they managed to make it funny. I haven't seen the movie, but I read the real story here. (Warning, it's a long read.)
Plenty of incompetence by the criminals, but not a funny story.
The soundbite in the trailer should really be "My name is Daniel Lugo, and I believe in kidnap, torture, murder and dismemberment."

Watched the remake of Total Recall on On Demand last night. Was pleasantly surprised. Very well done with non-stop action. Especially liked the special effects and the imagination put into it. Definitely as good as the original.

Punch drunk love, 9/10.

i think that besides reign over me, this is the other role that i know of where sandler doesn't really play himself. Emily watson is as cute as a button in this movie.

a bit different from most movies, but it's awesome.

Top Bottom