What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Snow White and the Huntsman, it was an ok time waster.

The Watch, I accidentally rented this from Redbox. It turned out to be the funniest movie I've seen in a while.

The Hobbit in the theater, got about halfway through Paul this morning at about 3am!! Insomnia woke me, went back to bed at 5 and slept in!!! Good to have the day off. About to watch the boys gift "The Avengers"!!!

I LOVE Hot Rod.

Looper was last. It was pretty good, but I'll watch anything Joseph Gordon Levitt is in. I've been a fan for some time.

We saw The Hobbit on Christmas Day. Although the moviemakers saw fit to turn a slim book into a trilogy, which upsets some fans, I have to say that it was worth seeing. Peter Jackson still makes very entertaining and exciting movies.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
A Christmas Story. Best Christmas movie ever.
I lived in Cleveland when they filmed it. Yes, the story line says Indiana, but the filming was in Cleveland. I remember the downtown Higbees where they filmed the Santa Claus scene. I bought my first fountain pen there around 1986- a Cross Century.

Prometheus.
Mostly awful. Better towards the end. If this had been the original Aliens movie there would not have been a sequel.
"Hey, we're spending trillions of dollars on a expedition to a planet that may hold the secret of human origins. We can only fit 17 crew members on board. Go get us a team of the most stupid, surly, unstable, reckless, unprofessional jerks you can find!"
Please Hollywood, stop insulting us!!!
On the plus side it did give some answers to the mysteries of the Alien saga - despite some of the complaints I've read. Just the right amount IMO.
I'm still trying to make sense of the opening scene. Off to look up some theories now.

EDIT> I've got to add this: There was absolutely no tension in this movie. Just mind bogglingly stupid acts scripted to generate a few intense moments.

Last edited:
I watched The Red Baron yesterday. They did a very good job with the story.

We tend to forget sometimes that Baron Manfred von Richthofen was just a young man in WWI and was only 25 when he was killed. Some movies about him have actors in their 30s or 40s playing the part.

I went with my wife to see Les Misérables yesterday. I had been looking forward to it for quite a while, though after reading some of the reviews I thought I might need to lower my expectations. However, I was very impressed by the show. It's not the stage musical (i.e., the singing is less spectacular), but I found the performances to be compelling nonetheless.

Top Bottom