What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Dogville: Anyone seen this? Crazy film. I wasn't prepared for it at all. I'm not sure what I thought about it. It's definitely going to stick in my mind for a while.

Lars von Trier strikes again. :lol:

Whenever one of his movies pops up on here, the comment is usually something like yours. He's a handful allright, and will generally leave you with a lot to think about.

Yeah. I saw Melancholia last year and enjoyed it. I'm putting Dancer in the Dark on my Netflix list. I don't think I'm too interested in Antichrist, though.

Antichrist was great in a lot of ways, and probably his most difficult to watch. I loved it as well, but I completely understand how off-putting it is to most folks. I'm not much of a Bjork fan, so I have yet to see Dancer in the Dark. I'll add it to my queue...

I'm not a fan of Bjork's music. To me, she sounds like a screeching animal. I figure this is just going to be her acting, so, okay.

I read the entire Antichrist story on Wikipedia and it just doesn't seem like something I'd want to see.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Les Miserables (1978) starring Richard Jordan as Jean Valjean.

Much better than the 1998 version with Liam Neeson, although I am a big Geoffrey Rush fan.

Mothman Prophecies- Scarey in a good way.
Minority Report- Good, very high tech for it's time.
Salems Lot- Another decent King movie.
Mission Impossible- Lots of action, plot could have been better.

We've been gearing up to see The Avengers in a few weeks, so it's been superhero movies here.

We watched The Incredible Hulk the other night. I liked it a lot, except for the end. The colossal battle between the Hulk and Abomination is all CGI, and it's just like watching a video game cutscene for 30 minutes or so.

Last night we watched Iron Man again, and enjoyed it just as much as before. They really did a great job of taking a second tier hero and boosting him into the A-list. Robert Downey, Jr is great in it, and it's a shame Terrance Howard had to be such a tool when it came time for Iron Man 2. I much preferred his take on the Rhodie character to Don Cheadle's performance in the sequel.

We've been gearing up to see The Avengers in a few weeks, so it's been superhero movies here.

We watched The Incredible Hulk the other night. I liked it a lot, except for the end. The colossal battle between the Hulk and Abomination is all CGI, and it's just like watching a video game cutscene for 30 minutes or so.

Last night we watched Iron Man again, and enjoyed it just as much as before. They really did a great job of taking a second tier hero and boosting him into the A-list. Robert Downey, Jr is great in it, and it's a shame Terrance Howard had to be such a tool when it came time for Iron Man 2. I much preferred his take on the Rhodie character to Don Cheadle's performance in the sequel.

I'm very psyched for The Avengers too. I'm hoping that they are confident enough of their audience that they get right into the story. Still a little concerned about the baddies, but that's probably just the comic book geek in me. I'm planning to watch Captain America again before Avengers opens. That's still my favorite of the recent Marvel films.

Top Bottom