What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

It's not a movie, but I watched the entire 6 seasons of The Wonder Years over the last couple of weeks. Last night was the final few episodes, and that last one's a heart-wrencher.

A lot of people see the show as being about Kevin's childhood and his relationship with Winnie, but I think it's all about his relationship with his old man. The way the close the show with Kevin and his Dad talking at the kitchen table made me want to call my Dad right away. Nostalgic, yes, but a great show nonetheless.

I am pretty sure I could have The Wonder Years on an endless loop in my house and I'd never get sick of it. Although I know it won't likely ever happen, I am hoping they will some day release the series on DVD/BD with all of the original songs.
---
My son and I are prepping for The Avengers, so we watched Iron Man II (2010) over the weekend. Justin Hammer played a great knob.
Dave

Perfume: The Story of Murderer. Missed this one when it came out in 2006, but I was pleasantly surprised by it. Also, as someone who obsesses over shave product smells, it was fun in that regard :)

Not a movie again, but I just ran a screening of the unaired pilot for Party Down with creator Rob Thomas in attendance. It's a funny show, and Rob was a very funny and genuinely nice guy. On the days that I don't hate my job, I love my job.

Perfume: The Story of Murderer. Missed this one when it came out in 2006, but I was pleasantly surprised by it. Also, as someone who obsesses over shave product smells, it was fun in that regard :)
Have read the book in german. Was a nice read, so if you liked the movie it might be good to look into.

Top Bottom