What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Comic Con Episod IV: A Fans hope. Pretty cool documentary on the comic con and how it has evolved in San Diego. Directed by Morgan Spurlock

James Cameron's newest documentary on the Titanic, which was on NatGeo last night. Billed as "the final word on what happened to the Titanic," the only thing I'm convinced of after watching the thing is that James Cameron a total butthole.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
James Cameron's newest documentary on the Titanic, which was on NatGeo last night. Billed as "the final word on what happened to the Titanic," the only thing I'm convinced of after watching the thing is that James Cameron a total butthole.

I didn't watch it, but I agree with your sentiment.

I like the idea behind it, however Cameron is a director not a scientist. Their findings would have to be double checked.

"National Lampoon's Vacation"

It sucked when I first saw it in 1982. I sucked just as much this past weekend except I turned it on to make me fall asleep. It worked.

"Czech Dream" (2004)

CZECH DREAM, a documentary-comedy, had an impact on the real lives of many Czech people. On the last day of May 2003, thousands of people gathered on a field in a Prague quarter called Letnany because an advertising campaign for a hypermarket promised them unbelievably low prices. However, the crowd merely found itself standing in front of a linen faćade, not a real hypermarket. This "friendly hoax" was a part of the project of two film students, Vit Klusak and Filip Remunda. These two filmmakers had ordered a leading advertising company to coordinate a promotional campaign for a nonexistent product: a hypermarket. Their goal was to document how a credible advertising campaign can be effective even if its product is not based on reality. This funny and alarming movie takes a close look at advertising professionals, film directors, psychologists, analysts, Czech celebrities, hypermarket directors, and consumers in the context of the tempting world of consumption that most of us are captured by everyday.

Just got home from a rare 35mm screening of Sleepaway Camp.

IMDB claims it has "the most shocking ending in the history of American cinema", and they may just be right. I went with two people that had never seen it, and the looks on their faces were priceless.

Legion

Staff member
Just got home from a rare 35mm screening of Sleepaway Camp.

IMDB claims it has "the most shocking ending in the history of American cinema", and they may just be right. I went with two people that had never seen it, and the looks on their faces were priceless.

I haven't seen that one. You have me intrigued now. The full movie is on YouTube, I'm going to watch it now. That sounds more fun than mowing the lawn.

The last one I saw was Madagascer 2. I had to put it on for the kids and decided I might as well watch it with them.

Mick

I haven't seen that one. You have me intrigued now. The full movie is on YouTube, I'm going to watch it now. That sounds more fun than mowing the lawn.

I'll be eager to see what you think. It's really a great ending, as slasher flicks go.

As an added bonus, I picked up a gig working as an extra next week. A great screening all around.

Might have to see it myself. You got the youtube link Legion? Or does it come up with the title search?

Mick

I just searched by title and it came up. First one. Just be sure you don't accidentally watch a clip of the ending and ruin it for yourself!

Top Bottom