What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

We went to the world famous Alamo Drafthouse last night and saw a beautiful 35mm print of Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. Ozone and Turbo rule.

Went to a movie for the first time in... a long time. Saw Safe House, pretty good movie. I turned to my wife during the movie and said "this is two months worth of NetFlix". We have a 73" TV and a decent sound system so it's not a real big upgrade. We did go for sushi before the movie, though... so I guess we had that going for us. :)

Saw "The Artist" on Saturday. I enjoyed it very much. It was fascinating to me that they managed to pull off making a black and white silent film that was so interesting. Great physical acting by the characters. Overall a fantastic job of re-envisioning a silent film. They managed not to simply remake an old silent movie or to make a parody of an old silent movie, but actually to make a new silent movie. And Uggie the dog was delightful.

Finished watching Horse Feathers (1932) and Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (2004). Groucho was the top-billing Marx Brother, but Chico sure is slick as well. Good times.

Dave

SWMBO loves the Beverly Hills Cop movies, but had never seen part 3. I tried and tried to convince her that it was no good, but my pleas fell on deaf ears. 45 minutes before the end of Beverly Hills Cop III she was begging me to turn it off, but by that point we were committed and we just powered through it. What a turkey.

I also watched the new remake/prequel to The Thing the other night. A rotten mess of miscast actors, horrible CG work, and the typical claws and tentacles monster.

Last movie I watched was Be Kind Rewind yesterday.
Nothing special, but definitely a nice feelgood comedy to pass some time with.

Top Bottom