Page 183 of 382 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173181182183184185 193 233 283 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,660 of 7630

Thread: The Last Movie You Watched?

While they aren't movies, I watched Cheap Trick at Budokan and the second season of Eastbound & Down. I could totally pull off one of those El Flama Blanco suits. Yeah baby.

Dave
    I am not a purist, I am a funist. Founding Father of Bad Latherers Anonymous. Disciple of Ogallala and First Mate of The Captain's Choice.

I watched E&D's new episode last night. The first 15 minutes of it was absolutely hilarious. The show's always pretty funny, but I was cracking up last night.
    Is this your homework, Larry?

Images

Moneyball
    Aaron

Quite a few over the last few days.

Yesterday was my lazy day off and I watched a Batman marathon with Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman and Robin. The last two are nearly unwatchable. Last night, SWMBO and I watched Purple Rain. Prince is a genius, even if he's not much of a filmmaker. Today I'm watching Gangs of New York.

Warrior - Very good, "Rockyesque" but deeper storyline.
    Session 9 - "Ehh"... Decent. Multiple personalities has been so over done, I think I've seen the movie before but didn't really realize until the end. If that tells you how memorable it was. :) Not bad though.

And started the mini-series Kings. Didn't realize the first episode was two hours long so got through 45 minutes and will revisit that tonight hopefully.
    -Jacob

Images

RoboGeisha
    -David

Australia? Visit the Great Southern Land!

WWHLD?

Wake me up when Laphroaig releases an aftershave.
    Need help? PM a Mod!

Quote Originally Posted by legion View Post
    RoboGeisha
    The director, Noboru Iguchi, has been here in Austin for Fantastic Fest each of the last two years. In 2010 for Mutant Girls Squad and in 2011 for Zombie Ass. I had the pleasure or meeting him on both occasions, and he's really a sweet guy - especially considering the material he produces. He's really good to his fans.

Yesterday was Son's Day (my son's half-birthday), so I was a bad parent and broke him out of school after lunch and (at his request) we saw Star Wars: Episode I- The Phantom Menace 3D (1999/2012). I really tried to go into this wanting to like it, but the movie is just so uneven from start to finish. Too many kid parts, but then you have too much politics, which almost caused us both to drop off. If Naboo and its inhabitants had been cooler, that would have helped matters. To quote my son "At least we got the bad one out of the way!".

Then last night we finished off Ghost Rider (2007). I won't call it a great movie by any means, but after suffering through TPM it was an improvement. I liked Ghost Rider more than I did when I saw it at the theater way back in 2007.
    I am not a purist, I am a funist. Founding Father of Bad Latherers Anonymous. Disciple of Ogallala and First Mate of The Captain's Choice.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by thubbard76 View Post
    The director, Noboru Iguchi, has been here in Austin for Fantastic Fest each of the last two years. In 2010 for Mutant Girls Squad and in 2011 for Zombie Ass. I had the pleasure or meeting him on both occasions, and he's really a sweet guy - especially considering the material he produces. He's really good to his fans.
    The only other of his films I've seen is Machine girl, which was fun.

Looking at wikipedia it seems he mostly directs adult films. I won't type them here, but some of the titles are hilarious!
    -David

Australia? Visit the Great Southern Land!

WWHLD?

Wake me up when Laphroaig releases an aftershave.
    Need help? PM a Mod!

I finished watching Mischief (1985) whilst exercising this morning. Holy cats, Kelly Preston is not unattractive. Yowza.

Dave

Reap the Wild Wind. Liked.

Act of Valor. Fine example of honorable behavior... My 30yr old friend wanted to go join the Navy...
    Chris, a Convert from Can & Cartridge Dec-11

Quote Originally Posted by legion View Post
    The only other of his films I've seen is Machine girl, which was fun.

Looking at wikipedia it seems he mostly directs adult films. I won't type them here, but some of the titles are hilarious!
    Please, don't be shy.
    David

Last night we watched Kinjite with Charles Bronson.

Quote Originally Posted by David in Boston View Post
    Please, don't be shy.
    Most of his titles alone are ban worthy. But they're worth seeking out for giggles.

I started to watch J Edgar last night
    I had to stop because my little guy got up and by the time I had him settled it was late
    I plan on finishing it tonight
    Phil

Boar brushes and open combs...whooda thunk it!!

Quote Originally Posted by thubbard76 View Post
    Most of his titles alone are ban worthy. But they're worth seeking out for giggles.
    They certainly dont translate well....
    Keith

"That's just weak songwriting. You wrote a bad song, Petey!" - Franklin Bean

Super Troopers. Quite entertaining if you go into it with low expectations.
    -Rob-

Images

"In Time" with timberlake. Never thought I'd like a justin timberlake movie since I'm not a fan in any way. However, the movie has a premise I've never seen before and was well worth the time. Genetically engineered people live and grow seemingly normally until they're 25, at which time a clock on their arm starts to count down for 1 year until they fall over dead. If the person works then they get more time on their clock to live. After age 25 everyone stops aging.. so there are 80 year olds that look 25. Also, some people are "rich" and have thousands or years at their disposal. Most of the people in the ghetto live from day to day, with 24 hours on their clock, so seeing a dead person on the sidewalk is normal. It's a social commentary and worth watching for its never before seen premise.

In this movie, time IS $.
    ~ Virgin Island Bay Rum on the rocks

Images

"The Artist"..

I love the actor in his other films, which are comedies, but when I saw the preview of this and saw that it was showing a dramatic side of him, I had to get it and watch it right away... Watched it two night ago with the wife and found it remarkable...