What's new

The Last Movie You Watched?

Tekken, the recent one. It was hilariously bad. Think Mad Max Thunderdome meets Blade Runner. Except both of those films are way better.

I watched a couple of oldies over the weekend: One Night in the Tropics (1940 - Abbot & Costello's first film) and The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (1966). One Night in the Tropics had a few too many songs for me, but it was decent. The Ghost and Mr. Chicken was a Don Knott's film and it was a nice slightly spooky film that my son and I enjoyed.

Dave :ihih:

The Drummond Will - British dark comedy. Think Coen Brothers "Burn After Reading" meets Monty Python. 3 stars.

Bridesmaids. Sort of a female-centered "40-Year Old Virgin" but not as good. Not bad either, some great lines. 2 1/2 stars.

Last night I watched Miike's "13 Assassins". Wow. The first half is traditional samurai flick and it is phenomenal. The last half is one prolonged fight sequence that goes a little long for me but is still fun to watch. If you dig samurai films, do yourself a favor and check it out.

last 3 were Horrible Bosses (jen is hot as a burnette), Cowboys and Aliens, Crazy,Stupid,Love.. can you see that we take turns each week picking the movie?

Rango and The Adjustment Bureau. Rango was hilarious, The Bureau was okay.

Just saw the adjustment bureau as well. Spur of the moment redbox pick. I'll agree on the "okay" rating. Does have some interesting religious/philosophical commentary on God, mankind, and predestination/freewill for those who care to look for it.

Last movie I saw in theaters: Captain America. It was alright, but I had high hopes so I was a bit underwhelmed. Especially with the ending. Excited for the Avengers movie coming soon though.

Last movie I saw was "The Town" on Blu-Ray. It was a little over the top on belivability, but It was a fun ride. I liked it.

The Life Of David Gale. Awsome movie but I had the spoiler revealed to me by a friend before I got to watch it which kinda ruined it for me....

Top Bottom