What's new

Discussion thread for the B&B LE 09 Review

Review found Here

Please limit discussion in this thread to the review. There are ordering threads open already to discuss that process.
Thanks

Jim, I assume this is the prototype being reviewed? :drool:

Thanks for bringing that point up Dave. Yes it is. Since Kent is doing this brush, I am confidant the production brushes will be comparable.

Last edited:
Jim, how would you compare this brush to the B&BE? Stiffer, denser, easier to lather soaps with? How is it for face lathering?

Thank you.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Jim, how would you compare this brush to the B&BE? Stiffer, denser, easier to lather soaps with? How is it for face lathering?

Thank you.

Check out this photo of the 2008 LE with the Essential and other candidates ...

full

Note that the 2008 has a much shorter loft than the Essential. The 2008 has softer, more flexible badger hair than the Essential ... but due to the thick stuffing and the short loft, you still have good backbone in it. In terms of loading the brush from a triple-milled puck, I'd say it's a dead heat or maybe a touch advantage to the Essential; ditto but reversed for face lathering (touch advantage to 2008.)

Given that the 2009 will be made by the same people who made the 2008, in the same general way (with a slightly larger knot) ... that may help with converting my comments about the 2008 to guestimates about the 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you.

Edit> I see Ian joined us while I was typing.

Well the LE09 is a smaller brush than the BBE and the loft is shorter. The LE09 is a silvertip so the grade of hair is much higher and the hair softer than the BBE. I had no trouble loading the brush from a soap. The size is perfect from my perspective.I would not really call it a "soap brush" per se' more of a generalist that does a great job all around.

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing that point up Dave. Yes it is. Since Kent is doing this brush, I am confidant the production brushes will be comparable.

Agreed. Based on how the 08 project handled by Kent I think that is a pretty safe assumption :thumbup:

V

VR6ofpain

Did I miss something or is the proto being sent around to different members (maybe mods) ro review? Or maybe that post is for us to post reviews on the 09 brush when we receive it?

Interestingly enough I just reviewed the 08 LE brush. I have been enjoying it for a while now, but forgot to add a review. Looking forward to getting my 09 brush in the future and posting a review once I get to use it.

Note that the 2008 has a much shorter loft than the Essential. The 2008 has softer, more flexible badger hair than the Essential ... but due to the thick stuffing and the short loft, you still have good backbone in it. In terms of loading the brush from a triple-milled puck, I'd say it's a dead heat or maybe a touch advantage to the Essential; ditto but reversed for face lathering (touch advantage to 2008.)

Given that the 2009 will be made by the same people who made the 2008, in the same general way (with a slightly larger knot) ... that may help with converting my comments about the 2008 to guestimates about the 2009.

Excellent comparisons and picture, it helped to clarify the differences. Thank you Ian.

Edit> I see Ian joined us while I was typing.

Well the LE09 is a smaller brush than the BBE and the loft is shorter. The LE09 is a silvertip so the grade of hair is much higher and the hair softer than the BBE. I had no trouble loading the brush from a soap. The size is perfect from my perspective.I would not really call it a "soap brush" per se' more of a generalist that does a great job all around.

Thanks Jim. I am pretty excited about this brush.

Did I miss something or is the proto being sent around to different members (maybe mods) ro review? Or maybe that post is for us to post reviews on the 09 brush when we receive it?

Interestingly enough I just reviewed the 08 LE brush. I have been enjoying it for a while now, but forgot to add a review. Looking forward to getting my 09 brush in the future and posting a review once I get to use it.

Thats it in a nutshell Gabe- The brush is power tested so any issues can be rectified before the final order.

full

Slightly off topic, but how do the tips of the Rooney Heritage brushes compare to the tips of the Kent LE's in terms of softness?

Last edited by a moderator:
V

VR6ofpain

Thats it in a nutshell Gabe- The brush is power tested so any issues can be rectified before the final order.
Sweet deal. I am really excited about my 09 LE in ebony. Even if it only equals the 08 LE brush in performance, I will be very excited.

On a side note my 08 LE brush has shed less than any other brush I have owned. Since buying it with the original order it has lost 3 hairs. That is insane...and awesome!

I've held off for over a year as far as adding any new soaps to my rotation with the exception of a valobra stick which was free courtesy of WCS and of course it joined other favorites IN AN ALREADY already "LARGE" # of products in my rotation.(That was wordy).
Today I actually added 2 more with some help of a couple of members here:
L'occaine Cade
Sir Irisch Moos shave stick--(believe it or not the official site for L'Occitane is "out of stock" with no restocking date available according to there customer service. My point-I'm EXCITED FOR MY NEW "butterscotch".

Thanks for a great job of keeping us updated--I don't know about anyone else that has ordered the 09 but for Mr cheapo here its a big deal:001_tt1: so keep it up and THANKS

Top Bottom