What's new

Sent my razor to Lynn Abrams for Honing...

I sent my razor to Lynn oh about a week before Thanksgiving. I was wondering about how long should I expect his honing service to take?

well I wasn't sure how I should expect it to take, so I didn't want to be bugging him about it prematurely, if it typically took around a month to get it back, especially with this being the holidays and all.

well I wasn't sure how I should expect it to take, so I didn't want to be bugging him about it prematurely, if it typically took around a month to get it back, especially with this being the holidays and all.

I never worry about bugging someone that will charge me a fee. I think you are entitled.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I think Lynn still hones for classicshaving, so there may be a lot of Xmas present straights lined up on his workbench.

But only Lynn can tell you if you are his only razor this week, or if he has a month's worth of razors lined up ahead of yours. (Or somewhere in between ... )

The last guy to ask ended up taking about 2-3 weeks IIRC.

His honing time probably varies by how many people are in front of you which can vary by time of year, etc, etc.

thanks for you reply guys. He did get back to me, and my razor is coming back to me in a few days. He said it was in pretty bad shape, so it took it a little longer than usual. Also I messed up the PayPal e-mail address, so he actually hadn't gotten paid yet for it.

Top Bottom