What's new

Taylor of Old Bond St Eton College Shaving Cream

I have it. It was my first TOBS cream. It makes a very nice, thick lather and gives a very good shave - typical of TOBS creams. I like the scent. It's a cologne-based scent but it's not overpowering. It's a light, fresh scent.

First rate! All of the TOBS creams are excellent. ClassicShaving has descriptions of all the scents.

I've tried it and thought it produced a great lather. I will say it wasn't my favorite sent, though. I prefer the St. Jermyn or Mr. Taylor's.

I wanted to know which product brand Taylor's is effective in softening the beard, and above all to make a lather. Is that right now I use the shaving cream Avéne, and it's garbage. It does nothing of foam.

Regards

Most Taylor's creams perform well and lather up in a more than satisfactory way. And Eaton is probably my preferred scent out of all of them.

Most Taylor creams follow the same basic recipe. With the exception of at least Avocado and Hypoallergenic you can more or less say that if you've tried one you've tried them all. Only the scents areof course different. That said, it's a good cream. Lathers easily, shaves easily, not too expensive, sort of a benchmark in my opinion.

I used it today. I have a tub of the Eton College, and I have to say, its not my favorite scent. Its performance, though, is excellent. I'm not sure if I got an old tub or something, but the cream itself is denser than T&H, almost flaky - but it lathers up very well, and provides good cushioning and slickness. I do tend to use more product though.

I was disappointed with the scent and lather. other than that it was great!:thumbdown

In general TOBS have been disappointing to me. May be a water hardness situation, but GFT and Castle Forbes do not have the same issues.

I've tried a sample of it (about 4-5 shaves). It lathers very well, which I experienced across the board with TOBS creams. Unfortunately, I was hoping the Eton SC would smell like their aftershave, which it did not. It did not smell bad, but it definitely wasn't what I was hoping for and I don't think I'll end up buying a tub of it. But if you were to like the smell, it is definitely a great performer and well worth the price.

ToBS creams perform well. I always get a good shave from ToBS and while I tend to use soaps more these days I still have a few ToBS in the den. Eton is a good scent. When it comes to ToBS I think its about getting the scent you enjoy as they will perform well for you.

Top Bottom