What's new

Discussion Thread for SCS Shea Butter & Avocado oil Shaving Cream.....

Wow. High praise, indeed. Just added this one (and the soon-to-be-released B&B Bay Rum w/a Twist scent) to my "need to purchase" list.

When does Sue expect to release the B&B cream?

Wow. High praise, indeed. Just added this one (and the soon-to-be-released B&B Bay Rum w/a Twist scent) to my "need to purchase" list.

When does Sue expect to release the B&B cream?

Check this thread I just posted for all the details :smile:

Awesome! Joel shoots, and scores again!

Thanks to Joe and Sue for a great deal. I'll definitely be ordering this on the 21st.

I also think this is an excellent cream. But I just can't get past the scent. It is too overwhelmingly sweet for me. That's great that a Bay Rum version will be available soon. I will most certainly jump on that bandwagon.

I also think this is an excellent cream. But I just can't get past the scent. It is too overwhelmingly sweet for me. That's great that a Bay Rum version will be available soon. I will most certainly jump on that bandwagon.
My first thought of the scent was "cotton candy." However, I'm now convinced it smells exactly like "Bazooka" bubble gum!

OK, I'll bite! What's the "twist" in the bay rum version?
I believe it is lime.

I saw some raves of this product, but I don't see it listed on her website. Is it still available?

I poked around the archives and found Sue's post in Jan 2008 about changes to the product line and didn't see it mentioned one way or another.

Roger

Sue recently mentioned that the shea butter and avocado oil are now in all of her creams. If you want unscented she sells a big tub or you can email her and see if she has a smaller tub of unscented cream available. Otherwise, just pick a scent of your choice.

All SCS creams at this time do have shea butter and avocado oil. The exception is Coconut Oil Shave cream that is made only with pure cosmetic grade coconut oil. It's called by the sweet name of 'Coconut Oil' shave cream, LOL

The name of the Shea Butter and Avocado Oil S/C is from the ingredients and has been discontinued in lieu of 'fragrance names'.

We're currently working on an Avocado Oil shave cream. I think it will be called 'Avocado Oil' Shaving Cream.

How's that for thinking outside the box? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sue

All SCS creams at this time do have shea butter and avocado oil. The exception is Coconut Oil Shave cream that is made only with pure cosmetic grade coconut oil. It's called by the sweet name of 'Coconut Oil' shave cream, LOL

The name of the Shea Butter and Avocado Oil S/C is from the ingredients and has been discontinued in lieu of 'fragrance names'.

We're currently working on an Avocado Oil shave cream. I think it will be called 'Avocado Oil' Shaving Cream.

Sue

Sue, I like your train of thought

Sue

So is this Avocado Oil shave cream the same formula as the Shea Butter and Avocado Oil one with the great reviews?

Avocado Oil S/C has only Avocado Oil as an emollient, it also is the fragrance of an Avocado. Shea Butter and Avocado Oil has both and is many differant fragrances; it's our most used recipe. Initially we called it 'Shea Butter and Avocado Oil' but when we started using it with vaious fragrances, we dropped the name and it is our standard recipe, used most often.

Another recipe we use is S/C with only Coconut Oil and that is also only in a Coconut fragrance.

Two other recipes we have tried were with pure hydrosols and brewed coffee replacing the liquid. We're re-working the coffee (Arrabica) right now and also tinkering with the use of lanolin but so far we aren't pleased with it in a Shave Cream but do offer it in a soap cake called 'Lanolin' :rolleyes:.

Earlier we had released Arribica but pulled it off the website when it didn't perform as expected.

Each change, even very minor ones, affect the end result and can become a lot of very noticable red ink in the disposal when you are a tiny independant. We also very the amounts of the above ingredients depending on the fragrance as some of the oils react differently but the descending order of ingredients do not change.

Hope this makes sense. Sue

Top Bottom