What's new

Movie: The Blindside

Saw it over the weekend with the family - kids ages are 13 (boy), 11 (boy) and 8 (girl). All liked it - especiall the football scenes and SJ, the scene stealer. Got some questions about some scenes involving Oher's mother and drug dealers in Oher's old neighborhood from my 11 year-old but stuff like that could come as the result of watching stuff on TV too and at least I was there to answer questions. You should have no reservations taking your grandson to the movie.

I don't follow the NFL. I was switching channels a few months back when that kid was drafted. Evidently he was ranked as on of the top left tackles in the draft and was predicted to be drafted high. He dropped to late in the first round.

I saw him being interviewed by some reporter. The reporter started off by saying that he mjust be so disappointed by how late he was drafted.

His reponse was something like what are you talking about. I just got drafted by a team in the NFL. This is my dream. I am looking forward to showing up and proving to the team that they didn't make a mistake in drafting me.

I was impressed by this kid by how he handled himself and wish him all the luck in the world.

I'm pretty cynical when it comes to these types of "feel-good" movies, but I really liked it. And there shouldn't be any issues with bringing kids along to see it too.

The book was great. I just hope the movie lives up to it. I look forward to going to see it myself after Christmas, probably.

Thank you for all the positive responses. My grandson is at the end of his 5th yr, playing football. Normally quiet and reserved, football brings out endless team and player statistics, so I am sure he will love the movie. I just didn't want a surprise that would be uncomfortable for him and be sorry I took him to see it.
Sue

Saw it last night and liked it a lot.

Good movie and family friendly. The heavy stuff (mother's drug use and the criminal element in his old neighborhood) is fairly tame by today's standards, so I think an 11 year old could handle it.

Fantastic movie. I'm not a football fan, and had no desire to see it, but my wife drug me to the theater, and I'm glad she did.

Top Bottom