What's new

Meistersinger Scrypto Automatik ... Beautiful!

This is the first nice watch I've purchased. I have used a Timex and a Skagen for about 15 years, but always wanted to get myself a nice mechanical watch. I finally did it a few weeks ago and today I took some proper photos (still not great).

Meistersinger Scrypto Automatik three-hand, 43 mm diameter. The automatic movement is an ETA 2824-2. Meistersinger are better known for the single-hand watches they make. But they all have the same characteristically minimalist, instrument guage-like design with the double digit arabic numerals. Enjoy...

View attachment 77946

View attachment 77947

View attachment 77948

View attachment 77949

View attachment 77950

s.

I like the simplicity of the face. I like it very much. Congratulations!

Thanks! The dial simplicity was what really got to me, though I kept going back and forth between this one and a Stowa Marine Original... maybe next year.... I just love the mechanical movements, I've had one other mechanical watch, a WWI-era transitional, also a very clean simple dial. But it's too small for me, so my wife claimed it recently (after it had sat in a drawer for 12 years!). I just wound it up and it runs perfectly. It was made in 1915. Very cool. Here it is:

View attachment 78317

View attachment 78318

s.

Hello there, I hope you enjoy your new watch and it is every bit as good as you hoped it would be. It's not for me I'm afraid but watches are a VERY personel thing arn't they? :001_smile I must say the Elgin watch is lovely and the fact it works as good as new is a testement to it's great design and build quality. I must also congratulate you on the superb photographs, dark room worthy :thumbup:

Thanks! The dial simplicity was what really got to me, though I kept going back and forth between this one and a Stowa Marine Original... maybe next year.... I just love the mechanical movements, I've had one other mechanical watch, a WWI-era transitional, also a very clean simple dial. But it's too small for me, so my wife claimed it recently (after it had sat in a drawer for 12 years!). I just wound it up and it runs perfectly. It was made in 1915. Very cool. Here it is:

View attachment 78317

View attachment 78318

s.

I am a big fan of mechanical watches too. The intricacies of these watches is truly amazing. Most are well built and will last a lifetime. Enjoy it in good health.

Great purchase. You are a man of taste. My advice for any horolophile out there is, buy German. My current object of fantasy is this

Top Bottom