What's new

New to the Forums

Hi everyone,

You may have seen me already in a recent shaving cream thread, but I thought I'd just check in here and introduce myself.

I'm 22, just out of college, and living in San Francisco. I found out about wet shaving initially because I was reading the history of the razor blade/print cartridge business model. Anyway, when I found out a single bladed safety razor could help with my ingrown hairs and razor burn, which I get especially under my nose, I was sold.

My orders just shipped for brush, cream and razor/blades (Col Conk 1001, Taylor's Avocado, and Merkur 23C long handle/Derby Extras respectively), so I'm about 4 days away from my first shave. I've been reading up on the stickies, and I feel fairly confident I won't kill myself on my first sweep.

Anyway, good to be here ,and I look forward to meeting you all.

Welcome! Enjoy the first shave, they get better with time though too. You will find yourself wanting to shave more than once a day!

Maybe I'm crazy, but I would suggest using the shave brush and soap/cream with a bic disposable first. The bic is not as good as any of the DE's I've come across to date, but if you run into troubles, you'll blame it on the bic, and not the DE :-0)

Actually, the BIC is about 25 cents a piece, and you can use it for two shaves or so. It is also more forgiving than some of the DE's. When you get the bic working for you, the DE's will be miraculous.

@spoondude

Actually, that may happen anyway, because my brush/cream shipped a day before my razor/blades. I'll probably be using my mach 3 rather than a bic, but yeah, I'd like to get a head start on whipping up a lather before my DE comes. I know a day isn't long enough to perfect the art, but hopefully my girlfriend won't kill me if I steal the bathroom for about an hour to experiment with different amounts of brush wetness/added water etc to find a good lather consistency. Anyway, at least the cream/brush should be here monday or tuesday!

Top Bottom