What's new

Cobra Classic Injector - first shave

Read about this razor on the classic shaving web site and thought I would give it a try. After ordering I read some reviews of the Cobra and thought perhaps I made a mistake. Although most, if not all, liked it there seems to be a longer learning curve since the razor is "more aggressive" than a slant.

So the razor came in the mail yesterday along with the much praised TOBS Avocado shave cream - usually I use a high quality soap.

Washed my face and then use Prosaso pre-shave cream and put a hot towel over my face for about a minute. Lathered up the brush - love the smell of the cream - didn't smell like avocado at at - it was a nice clean smell.

After I figured out how to load the razor (help from this site, not a true injector style) the much anticipated shave began. The first pass - everything fine. I continued. I'm now in shave heaven. This is one beautiful razor. The areas under the nose and along the jaw line - areas in which I usually have trouble with - shaved perfectly - what a nice surprise. I have a medium beard with fairly sensitive skin. Absolutely no problems. I did order the less agressive injector blades from feather. It comes with the "Pro". Hot water rinse and lathered up again, shaving with an east-west pass. Very smooth, no nicks at all.

Finished the shave with a cold water rinse - D.R. Harris Pink and biotherm day cream.

This is one great piece of shaving equipment.

Congrats, glad that from the sounds of it, they shave as good as they look (and it's one cool looking razor!). :w00t:

Do you have any pics you could post for those who don't know what razor you're talking about?

Last edited:
You're going to continue to love the Cobra Classic. I've been shaving daily with one for a year now, and still enjoy every use!

TRick - don't have any pictures but you can find them on the Classic Shaving web site.
There are some pictures on this site but for the most part they don't do it justice.
The razor has a highly polished finish and the picture is taken of the razor on a rust colored towel - so the razor reflexes the rust color.

Last edited:
LeGaulois -
See you live in Paris - I was there a few months ago. It is the greatest city on earth - although the traffic is a bit much. Stayed in the 16th.

I've seen these, and they look great, but my RAD abruptly cut off when I saw the price. :001_cool:

I gather that the injector blades they use are designed for a kind of straight razor. Are the blades much longer than those used by the Schick injectors? For anyone who's used both, how does the shave compare between Schicks and these?

i am considering selling a bunch of gear and trying this injector out. are they really so special? better shave than a DE? more fun? geez, i can see this replacing all of my DE razors if it lives up to its reputation. any more input from members who have used this razor as well as DE's, SE's, and straights?

Top Bottom