What's new

Invicta and Orient watches

By the way, does anyone know how Orient is with shipping? Every watch I have now is either lost or broken, so I hope the new one comes soon! (Fortunately, the watches I have with any sentimental or pecuniary value aren't the ones that are lost.)

It generally takes about a week - have you gotten shipping notice from "Joey?" You can track your watch... the expected delivery date is pretty accurate.

It generally takes about a week - have you gotten shipping notice from "Joey?" You can track your watch... the expected delivery date is pretty accurate.

I ordered it Friday night, so I imagine it won't ship until tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll keep an eye out for the e-mail. A week is great for free shipping - thanks again for the discount code!

Ordered mine on Friday and it was physically shipped on Saturday according to the UPS site, due to arrive this Tuesday. It shipped via ground UPS. It is shipping within CA though.

I got this e-mail from Orient today, in case anyone is interested:

This Christmas, give your father what he really wants. Affordable automatic watches under $100! The perfect gift for any man. Just use code "ilovedad" and also receive a free link remover, keychain, bumper sticker, and free 2 day shipping!
http://orientwatchusa.com
Shop Now! Use Code "ilovedad"
This offer expires on Friday.​

Invicta is ok, but I think many, many people have had problems with quality and getting thing dealt with is a nightmare.

On the other hand, a defective Japanese watch is something practically unheard of.

There's no better value for money than an Orient or Seiko.

Quality of Swiss watches has declined massively, you pay a huge premium for "made in Switzerland" and a Seiko half its price is of better quality.

I think Seiko owns Orient, but like someone else said, they don't market them so much in North America, you'll rarely see Orient watches at a store in the mall whereas you see lots of Seiko ones, but the best place to buy a watch is online, you save bigtime and get access to better selection than in stores.

A momentary rant: I just checked on the shipment of my watch, and the UPS tracking info says it's delayed (in L.A., apparently) due to adverse weather conditions. This stinks - after all my dithering over which watch to buy, I want it NOW! :a31:

:001_rolle

my black Mako - sched'd to arrive today (Wednesday 12/9) arrived yesterday!

This might be my favorite of the Makos (I have three now) - the bezel turns handily (Mako bezels are notoriously hard to turn) and it is a very pretty watch. Can't beat it for the price!

I did order it with the rubber strap - took that off immediately and replaced it with a Watchadoo bracelet.

I'm happy w/ this watch!

(oh yeah - the weathuh sucks today.)

A momentary rant: I just checked on the shipment of my watch, and the UPS tracking info says it's delayed (in L.A., apparently) due to adverse weather conditions. This stinks - after all my dithering over which watch to buy, I want it NOW! :a31:

:001_rolle

That sucks. I received mine Tues, after ordering on Friday. Today I am now wearing my white multi-eyes orient for the first time:thumbup:. Included with the watch was a free pin/link remover. The 50% coupon on this thread sent me over the edge of resistance.

I've been doing a good bit of reading on watchuseek forum and pulled the trigger this weekend on a blue Mako and black Nato strap with blue stripe.

The discount codes run all the time on orientwatchusa, just google around for them.

In response to the post earlier in the thread, it appears Seiko does own the majority stake in Orient but not the entire company.

Thanks. Because this thread is pretty old, it would be nice to know how Invictas and Makos performed over years.

Thanks. Because this thread is pretty old, it would be nice to know how Invictas and Makos performed over years.

Actually I have one of each - both for a few years.
I don't wear these a lot these days (somehow my personal preferences have changed a bit...#) but both of them are still working well:=)

on the Orient side I have the orange Mako - it is my preferred watch when going on vacation - solid, waterproof (seen and experienced the sea several times :=) ) and not that expensive if it gets lost/stolen/destroyed.

on the Invicta side it's the submariner clone with a swiss movement (9937?) - I have daily worn this one for a few years without any issues. Nowadays I just don't dig that "clone" look anymore, so it seldom gets wrist time.

I think that both of these are quite nice watches - although I propaply would not buy the Invicta again..

br,
T°M

Thank you. It's been my impression (based on reviews) that Orients are superior accuracy-wise.

The Orient's are a great bargain. Just before Christmas, I ordered an Enforcer, and got a free Arena. One thing to watch for on Orient is some have mineral rather than sapphire crystal--if that makes a difference to you. Mine got here in two days.

If you're considering Seiko, the "monsters" are great divers--these have mineral crystals, though.

Top Bottom