What's new

Penhaligon's Scent Library

I just got the Penhaligon's Scent library to see what all the fuss is about. Here are my observations so far:

Blenheim Bouquet - Reviews on Basenotes are spot on. Lemony pine, a bit of musk. Nice, but not mind blowing.

Hamman Bouquet - Baby oil with smooshed roses, haha...Im too scared to wear it to work.

Endymion - Sensual and amazing, IMO. A great evening scent. It makes me feel like a stud.

Quercus - Very very nice! 'Tis true, it is similiar to CK one, but maybe more refined? I like this a lot and my wife may wear it too.

I'm gonna try English Fern tomorrow and report back. I am really curious about the other men scents. I think I'm gonna ask for the balance of the men's scents as free samples. Heck, at $100/bottle, I'm gonna definitely try them all before spending!

It also comes with some lady scents but my wife has only tried lily of the valley, which was nice. The vendor threw in a sample of Floris Cefiro. A quick uncorking of the vial reveals citrus top notes. I am guessing it is similar to the Quercus.

I really like the Endymion even though I use it rarely. A little goes a long way. I'm used to bay rum and some of the cheaper stuff that's gone in 15 minutes. A drop or two of Endymion will last all day.

Samouraï;1662008 said:
huh, that sounds like a good idea, the scent library.

It is an excellent idea. I got one along with a Floris scent collection. It is a great way to sample a variety of high end fragrances for a relatively small investment.

I tried English Fern, its alright, although I had some residual Pinaud Clubman on my face and hands that I find hard to wash off and putrid, which may have interfered with the Penhaligons.

I have used the Quercus and Endymion more and really like those!!! Today Im going to try the Floris Cefiro which was a free sample.

I have a decant of Hamman Bouquet in the mail. I hope I like it--but I am a little worried. Honestly, I prefer vetiver, woodsy scents. Maybe I should just use pine rosin.:biggrin1:

Endymion is one of my favorites. Yes, it lasts all day and then some. One tiny squirt on the chest, wipe it onto the forearms off the chest, and I can sometimes still smell it the next morning.

cool - im working my way though pens at the moment. Im up to english fern, it smells like a better version of brut!

I have been wearing EF some more and have to say it is becoming a fav! It is definitely green, or fern like, haha. If you do not like citrus, you may like EF!
I definitely prefer EF over quercus. I have tried Hamman Bouquet yet, haha, I think I will dab some on today since it is the weekend.

English Fern is starting to grow on me. At first I thought it smelled too dated, but lately I've been liking it a little more. Although, personally, I think Wild Fern by Trumper's is a cleaner scent. I also like Endymion. You might try Opus... it's nice but is a little unisex to me.

Those scent libraries can be really worthwhile for testing a lot of one house for a fraction of what it would cost to buy larger decants or full bottles.

Top Bottom