• Black Oud

• Domenico Careceni 1913

• Le Labo Rose 31

• Penhaligon's Opus 1870

• Penhaligon's Elisabethan Rose

• Floris 89

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted for #88. However, there are other scents w/rose notes that come to mind that weren't included in the list. Some of my faves are:

• CB I Hate Perfume Tea/Rose Absolute
• Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet
• Eau d'Italie Paestum Rose

No doubt other guys will chime in w/their faves as well.

While the question is confusing - what would your favorite NOT be, I've put my favirite from teh lmted selction I've tried.

Black Aoud 1st
C&S #88 second
Carcerini very nice, similar to #88 IMO
Hammam is too powdery for my liking.

I voted for #88. However, there are other scents w/rose notes that come to mind that weren't included in the list. Some of my faves are:

• CB I Hate Perfume Tea/Rose Absolute
• Penhaligon's Hammam Bouquet
• Eau d'Italie Paestum Rose

No doubt other guys will chime in w/their faves as well.

Good call, particularly on the Hammam. I can't stand it, but it is definitely a historical reference point for rose colognes. I should have included it. My first shot at a poll, so forgive a newbie his insolence.

Domenico Careceni 1913 (will be placing an order very soon!) though I do like the dark, dusky incense + rose nature of C&S No. 88 also..

I've tried several on your list plus Hamman Bouquet.

To me Caraceni 1913 is the best of them, if a bit more formal. Not tux formal, but kind of dressy.

Rose 31- some people argue it's not much rose, more woodsy/spicey after drydown. But it's a great frag too, probably more versatile than DC 1913.
Has a little bit of Le Labo's typical "dirty" notes in it.

No. 88 I can't wear and it's too bad. It's a good frag, but I get a foul note from it than some people smell and others don't.

Hamman Bouquet an acquired taste. A lot of people find it near revolting.
Old fashioned dirty rose.

I'm also under the impression that Pen's Elixer is a modern day interpretation of Hamman Bouquet. So that's another rose scent to throw in the mix.
I haven't tried, but like all Pens, some people rave about it.

Last edited:
For my money I'd have to go with Saint Charles Shave's limited edition Bulgarian Rose. :thumbup1:

+1!!! This is a great darker, heavier rose frag, and at a much, much lower price than most, if not all, the others. If Sue still has any available, you can get a 30ml bottle for close to the same as a lot of smaller decants. For the price, everyone should try this one if it's not too late!

:cool:

+1!!! This is a great darker, heavier rose frag, and at a much, much lower price than most, if not all, the others. If Sue still has any available, you can get a 30ml bottle for close to the same as a lot of smaller decants. For the price, everyone should try this one if it's not too late!

:cool:

jakespoppy, how long does the scent last on you and how does it project? I find most rose fragrances too feminine, such as Czech & Speake Dark Rose and Penhaligon Elizabethan Rose, how does this one distinguish itself as a masculine fragrance?

jakespoppy, how long does the scent last on you and how does it project? I find most rose fragrances too feminine, such as Czech & Speake Dark Rose and Penhaligon Elizabethan Rose, how does this one distinguish itself as a masculine fragrance?

If I may join the conversation. SCS Bulgarian Rose leans towards the masculine side due to the darker notes of the rose. That said, it smells marvelous on my wife although she favors a bit lighter rose. I find that the edt sticks close to the body but lasts the day.

A nice addition to Sue and Wendy's already fantastic line. The soap and ASB are nice as well.

If I may join the conversation. SCS Bulgarian Rose leans towards the masculine side due to the darker notes of the rose. That said, it smells marvelous on my wife although she favors a bit lighter rose. I find that the edt sticks close to the body but lasts the day.

A nice addition to Sue and Wendy's already fantastic line. The soap and ASB are nice as well.

I haven't tried their Bulgarian Rose (I don't believe it's currently offered) but their Savory Rose is a nice single note fragrance...at least IMHO.

Went ahead and bought a bottle of the Czech & Speake No. 88... Wore it last night and that sealed it!

If I played my cards right, Domenico Careceni 1913 will be a Christmas gift from my girlfriend.

Top Bottom