What's new

SCS Oakmoss Lavendula

I was just paging through the SCS page and this caught my eye. The reviews here are very positive but I can't quite get a sense of how it smells. Anybody want to give it the full Basenotes treatment for me? Does it smell like anything I'd recognize? I'm looking for something oakmossy and this sounds like it might be just the thing.

I can give it a shot tonight. All I can say for now, is that I am a lavender fan and it wonderful. SWMBO loves it, too.

Here goes:

It is not subtle or intricate edt. The top notes are lavender with a hint of sweet- floral maybe, almost like patchouli. Very light- I don't find it overpowering. The dry down brings a bit of powder and the start of the earthy notes. The lavender continues through the dry down but the oakmoss- a woodsy/grassy element.

I hope this helps. Tell you what, if you choose to order it and you find you do not like it I will be more than happy to take it off your hands. Or, maybe I can find a tube, or tube-like receptacle, to send a sample to you. Let me do a little digging around.

Thanks for your great description. And your generous offer too. It sounds like another winner from Sue.

I picked up a bottle of Blenheim Bouquet in a trade and was feeling quite pleased with myself. My wife checked it out as well as the sample of the Oakmoss Lavendula. She gave the BB a disinterested "meh" but she loved the OL.

I have the ASB and have been considering picking up the cologne. All SCS products I have tried have carried the scent right across product types (unlike Speick for example). Go for it--if you liked the sample odds are you will like the EdT.

I have a sample of the aftershave milk and it has a lot of lavender in it. If you like lavender AND oakmoss, you're pretty likely to enjoy this scent. If you wanted more oakmoss than lavender, my guess is you'd be disappointed (caveat: I've not tried the EDT, and it may be that the lavender is the top note and that the oakmoss would develop nicely over time).

You already know that Sue's stuff is top-notch and incredibly fairly priced. :001_smile

I have a sample of the aftershave milk and it has a lot of lavender in it. If you like lavender AND oakmoss, you're pretty likely to enjoy this scent. If you wanted more oakmoss than lavender, my guess is you'd be disappointed (caveat: I've not tried the EDT, and it may be that the lavender is the top note and that the oakmoss would develop nicely over time).

You already know that Sue's stuff is top-notch and incredibly fairly priced. :001_smile

I do like lavender, but I don't really like balms that much, although I do have a bottle of QED lavender in reserve. I think that I'll try it out with Booster's Oakmoss to see how that works. I'm hoping that Santa will bring a refill of Caldey Island Lavender too.

Isn't the idea that Lavender + Oakmoss = Fern?

How close does this resemble say, Pen's EF or Trumper's Fern?

I'm only speaking from trying a sample, so I'm probably not the most authorative person to answer. There's a family resemblance, but the SCS Oakmoss Lavendula strikes me as a bolder, more barbershop fragrance and the lavender is more prominent than in the English fern.

Well, my thanks to SmoovD for his generous Oakmoss Lavendula sample. I liked it so much that I ordered a bottle and I got it in the mail yesterday. Tried it out this morning. Man, it's a keeper. This is what I had hoped that English Fern would be.

Thanks for your great description. And your generous offer too. It sounds like another winner from Sue.

It is! When I first tried the ss, I had no idea of how to describe it-but I knew that I liked it immensely! In fact, to say that it's scent left me speechless would be 100% accurate.

Sue has some of the finest product and her OL rocks....

I have the SC,SS,and EDT. Guess I need(RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!) to pick up the splash and the balm.

marty

Here goes:

It is not subtle or intricate edt. The top notes are lavender with a hint of sweet- floral maybe, almost like patchouli. Very light- I don't find it overpowering. The dry down brings a bit of powder and the start of the earthy notes. The lavender continues through the dry down but the oakmoss- a woodsy/grassy element.

I hope this helps. Tell you what, if you choose to order it and you find you do not like it I will be more than happy to take it off your hands. Or, maybe I can find a tube, or tube-like receptacle, to send a sample to you. Let me do a little digging around.

This is a really good description. I have worked through about 80% of a sample size of the ASB, and it's a wonderful match to my GFT Violet. In addition to the very likable smell, it does wonders for my sensitive skin.

Top Bottom