What's new

The Innocent Man

I'm a big John Grisham fan and have read all of his books. Just finished "The Inoccent Man", Grisham's first nonfiction book, about two men who were convicted and sentenced to Death Row in Oklahoma in the late 80's. Eleven years went by before they were finally released. One of the men suffered from mental illness and his execution was suspended five days before he was scheduled to be executed. An amazing story. This book does not debate about the morality of the death penalty, but shows how close innocent men can be sent to prison on horrible detective work, blind prosecution, and an incompetant judge. It opened my eyes to see that it would not take much for any person to be convicted of a crime he did not commit.

Has anyone else read it? What are your thoughts?

I finished that book a week or so ago and it also blew me away. It is John Grisham's first non-fiction book, but as they say, truth is stranger than fiction.. I couldn't believe what I read. I am still in shock over it, I truly am.

The Peter Principal http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/PETERPR.html reigns here. I have tears in my eyes even typing this and even tho I finished the book over a week ago. I would hate to run into some of the 'law makers' that are in that book as I think I would slap them... and probably end up in jail for the rest of my life for it. I have an anger that I never felt before in me.. This is incompetance and insanity in it's highest form and it makes me ashamed that there are people in our country like this. :mad:

Additonally these folks cost their/our govt a small fortune in law fees... ruined peoples lives, let the actual murderer basically go all for their own personal pleasure and they are still working! Arrggghhhhh!!!!

Edit, be careful if you pick this book up, you will not be able to put it down and it will change your life and your views completely..

I received the book on CD as a Christmas gift. I only began the set yesterday and am on the third disk. Very engrossing.
Sue

Top Bottom