What's new

Pics lathering Tabac Soap.....

Gents,
I really forgot just how much I love this soap! Beautiful lather, super SUPER rich and creamy, generated with total ease, and a very delightful scent! I am can't believe I waited so long to replace my last tub - I will NEVER let that happen again.

PICS!!

Tabac shaving soap comes in a gorgeous box with a clear pastic front.
P1010037.JPG

Tabac soap is a generous 4.4oz. With the amount of lather generated from this soap, and the hardness of this soap - you certainly could get a years use out of this soap. Very reasonably priced.
P1010038.JPG

The soap comes beautifully and securely packaged. I dunno why, but I like when packaging is intelligent and attractive, it heightens the experience.
P1010039.JPG

Secure base inside of packaging
P1010040.JPG

The heavy, thick ceramic bowl/lid that comes with this soap is very luxurious. It really adds a royal feeling to the experience.
P1010041.JPG

Beautifully crafted lid. The fit and finish is superb - certainly no rickety fit like the british stuff.
P1010042.JPG

Seal on the soap
P1010043.JPG

Peeling back the lid (notice how thick then ceramic bowl is)
P1010046.JPG

Soaking the Rooney Silvertip
P1010047.JPG

Ready to rock
P1010048.JPG

3 Swirls
P1010049.JPG

Check out the loaded brush in the background. Only 8 swirls on the cake of soap generated enough lather to coat my hand in one swipe and would certainly be enough later for 4-5 passes.
P1010050.JPG

This lather is so thick, rich and creamy it is almost a solid! Really beautiful stuff. Provides an exceptionally close shave with no irritation.
P1010051.JPG

I got 2 cakes of Haslinger shaving soap from shavemac with the tabac soap - so I'll try to use/review/and post pics of it next week sometime!

Well, I finally broke out my Tabac tub (from my SMF order) and shaved with it.

Truly fantastic! Held lots of water, didn't leave my face feeling too tight like Col. Conk sometimes does, scored a fantastic, close, comfortable shave.

It actually let me get away with fewer products after shaving, too, which (today) was a good thing. :thumbup1:

-Rich

PoshRichM said:
Well, I finally broke out my Tabac tub (from my SMF order) and shaved with it.

Truly fantastic! Held lots of water, didn't leave my face feeling too tight like Col. Conk sometimes does, scored a fantastic, close, comfortable shave.

It actually let me get away with fewer products after shaving, too, which (today) was a good thing. :thumbup1:

-Rich

Get the aftershave, Rich. The soap + aftershave equals an all day lingering Tabac scent. My favorite combo...

I just got my first TABAC. I am quite liking the smell. Only regrets is...I have to wait until the morning to shave with it. Dagnabit! Tarnation, and all that.

Oh a side note, I need to get a lawn so I can tell kids to get off it! Random, I know.

This is quickly becoming my favorite shaving soap. Its just so easy to get a fantastic lather out of it.

I know people swear by the Mitchell's/Kent soap, but I've still not had a great lather from it yet.

Top Bottom