What's new

New to the place.

Hello.

I am a new member. Just joined, and am dipping my toe into the hobby. Right now I am using a 999 blade face ripper.

So, any suggestions for a first razor? And where to get it?

Thanks

Welcome DJ!:biggrin:

Where are you located?
There are a couple first DE's that are user friendly, A murker HD or a Gillette Tech razor are good choices.

The Murker is available in many shops and on line, The Gillette is an ebay item.

Welcome..Got a name..we are informal here. I would recommend the Merkur HD. fairly inexpensive ($25) and is a great razor for the beginner and pro alike. You can find them easily online at many sites. Everybody here will be happy to help you. Welcome again!!:badger:

Hello.

Yeah, thanks a bunch the name is eddie, I am 26 and from california.

Heard about the merkur hd. What about progress, and gillette fat boy? Those some good ones?

What are some good websites to buy from btw?

Thanks
Eddie

Welcome aboard! If you want a new razor, go with a Merkur Classic (or HD.) I started with a Merkur Classic Long Handle (just because I like having a longer handle for more control.)

If you want to scrounge around a little at a local antique shop or go the Ebay route, a Gillette Tech or SuperSpeed (just don't get a red tipped one, as those are more aggressive) is a great starter. Even though I have been at this a few months now, I have a gold Tech I still use a few days a week and love it.

(Edit: I just noticed your last post. The razors you mention are adjustables, and can be tricky for newbies. As far as where to buy, Lee's Razors, Em's Place, etc. Check the shopping links sticky in the Shopping Thread.)

Welcome, Eddie/djnkro!

I'll second the Merkur Long Handle Classic that PalmettoB mentioned! :thumbup1:

Don't forget to Badger-up with a good quality brush! :thumbup:

Here's to smooth shavin'!

chop-chop

Welcome aboard. Yes the fat boy is a good razor. I use one almost exclusively. No regrets. A slim adjustable is almost as good but nothing compares to my fatboy, yet.
Keep those posts comming and let us know how you're progressing.

Welcome to B&B!!

For your first razor I would recommend a Merkur HD. These are quite easy to find at 25dollar each.

Fatboys by far my favorite you can find them exclusively on ebay. You have to be patient to get a good deal

Do read Doc Mottrens blurb on wet shaving for beginners. & also watch all the videos from Mantic.

Top Bottom