What's new

Local Antique Find!! Not Bad at all

As promised from one of my earlier posts here is a snapshot of what I picked up at some local antique shops in my area. Let me know if I mistake any of their identities.

Here we go from top left to the right.

GEM G-Bar SE
GEM 1912 Style Flip-Top
GEM Junior Parade Brass 1912
Gillette Slim-Twist J1
Ladies Gillette Shaver Blue-Star J4
GEM Ever-Ready British 1912
GEM Junior Parade Brass 1912
Gillette Brass (NOT SURE WHAT THIS ONE WOULD BE)

Bottom Row Left to Right

Gillette Ball End Traveler Tech L2
Gillette Tech Set No32 1951 Made In England (Pretty Hefty)
Gillette Tech (looks very similar to the one on the left but the under plate says “patcanada” 1932 X2)
Gillette Tech 1930’s Made in Canada
Gillette Tech 1930’s Made in Canada
Gillette Super Speed C2
Gillette Aristocrat Jr. 1948 “NO 430030”
Gillette Aristocrat Jr. 1948 “NO 430030”

Let me know if any of these bad-boys are any good.

Thanks

It sure has, but rest assured that I would not have picked them up if they were overly expensive. Infact you would be shocked as to how much it really cost.:001_rolle

Windsor? Why didn't I think of Windsor! Right across the bridge! :laugh:

Actually, I doubt many would be shocked at the price. Some are notoriously low. My antique mall highlights include a pristine '38-'45 Tech for $2.97 and a Fat Boy for $8. But that's been soundly trounced by many (recently a Member got a Fat Boy and a Black Tip Super Speed for $6 total).

Quickly....back away, I will be more then happy to rid you of all that vile booty and dispose of it properly

I heard those English Tech's are terrible... :001_rolle

Better let me take that one off your hands, I can dispose of it properly....
:lol::lol::lol:

Hey machine99703 the Tech's are pretty cool, I find that the British ones are slightly heavier than either US or CAN models. However the Fat Hand Tech's are pretty light. :thumbup1:

Windsor? Why didn't I think of Windsor! Right across the bridge! :laugh:

Actually, I doubt many would be shocked at the price. Some are notoriously low. My antique mall highlights include a pristine '38-'45 Tech for $2.97 and a Fat Boy for $8. But that's been soundly trounced by many (recently a Member got a Fat Boy and a Black Tip Super Speed for $6 total).

Hey T Rick.. Are you from Detroit?? Yeah it's nice to see these very items which we cherish at a real low price. It really makes you think how bad some us have gotten slammed on Evilbay.. I like this site and would rather see our items expand our shaving community than some fatcat scooping it up low and than selling it on ebay (probably back to one us at an inflated cost).

Top Bottom