What's new

Montblanc Repair Question

My father-in-law gave me a Montblanc Noblesse pens & mechanical pencil set that was his everyday writing gear when he was working. The tip of the nib on the fountain pen seems to be bent back a little bit so that the ink doesn't flow smoothly. Since it's in been in the family, I'd like to get it fixed and put it to work. Any advice?

Also, the mechanical pencil that came with the set is missing the pocket clip. I don't like mechanical pencils so it isn't an urgent problem for me. However my kids would probably like to have their grandfather's tools some day so I thought that I'd see what could be done about that too.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Most pen shops that really specialize in fountain pens either have repair people or they will send it back to the manufacturer. Unless the bend is really slight they would probably just replace the entire nib. Someone will have to inspect it to tell for sure.

Most pen shops that really specialize in fountain pens either have repair people or they will send it back to the manufacturer. Unless the bend is really slight they would probably just replace the entire nib. Someone will have to inspect it to tell for sure.

+1
Agree.

Given this, why not try yourself?
Just bend it back, give it a try (be sure to respect the shape) and if that does not solve the issue replace the nib.

It will be a great writer again!

Top Bottom