What's new

Cowboy boots?

Depends if you are wearing for certain occasions. But I have a few roper styles from Ariat. Justin Boots make a good boot selection.

I wear them and only recommend Lucchese or custom maker. DustinL did an apprenticeship with a custom maker and may even chime in here... Maybe a PM to him would be in order for best recommendation

I wear them and only recommend Lucchese or custom maker. DustinL did an apprenticeship with a custom maker and may even chime in here... Maybe a PM to him would be in order for best recommendation

Lucchese is a fantastic boot and my favorite as well. For a lot less money, my Justin Ropers are nice and comfortable.

I've usually found that an "off" brand suited me best. Justin's never seemed to fit right. I had a pair of Durango cheapies that fit wonderfully. Ahh, another classic case of YMMV. But yes, custom made/ fitted will probably be the best option.

It depends on your purpose for wearing a cowboy boot and if it involves riding. Grew up wearing boots and I've found that Justin Ropers do the best job for me, but remember that Ropers are primarily a riding boot.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, my experience with Justin has not been positive at all:thumbdown

It depends on your purpose for wearing a cowboy boot and if it involves riding. Grew up wearing boots and I've found that Justin Ropers do the best job for me.

For my foot, Lucchese and Justin offer two completely different fits. My Lucchese Ropers have a snug fit, much like a shoe. I can practically jump into my Justin Ropers as they have a much looser fit. The Luccheses win the show, but the Justins are like slippers.

EDIT: Also wanted to add that for me, Ropers are the best for everyday use as they'll be no adjustment in your step. Traditional "high-heel" cowboy boots take some getting used to and in my opinion are less comfortable for long wear.

Last edited:
Cowtown Boots are my favorite. Been wearing them for years, and they are made in USA -El Paso, Texas. Not impressed with Justin, they're kind of the "Bud Light" of boots. They've got the name that everybody knows, but the quality is lacking.

Cowtown Boots are my favorite. Been wearing them for years, and they are made in USA -El Paso, Texas. Not impressed with Justin, they're kind of the "Bud Light" of boots. They've got the name that everybody knows, but the quality is lacking.

I've never heard of Cowtown, but I'll look them up (sounds promising). I agree with you about the Justins too.:thumbup1:

Nocona's I love
Tony Llama's I'll wear
Dan Post's are really comfortable
Ariats are surprising
Lucchese's are way nice, but rather pricey unless you are into boots

Much of this is how they feel to you too, some of my absolute favorite boots to wear for everyday are Sheplers Roughouts which are about $50...

Nocona's I love
Tony Llama's I'll wear
Dan Post's are really comfortable
Ariats are surprising
Lucchese's are way nice, but rather pricey unless you are into boots

Much of this is how they feel to you too, some of my absolute favorite boots to wear for everyday are Sheplers Roughouts which are about $50...

Disclaimer: I wear boots everyday but don't use them for work (cattle, horses, hay, etc.); I have several junky boots for that

I have 2 pair of Justin Ropers and a pair of Abeline boots I've had since high school that still fit and are in great condition. I usually wear my Abelines and my dark cherry Ropers. The other pair of Ropers are brown but for some reason I don't wear them much...

Boots are nice. In the past, I've had Ropers in white, red, and brown suede, black Durango's and a pair of alligator, that I didn't like because they were too tall.
Sue

Though they are hopelessly "out" in Los Angeles, I do from time to time wear them.

There is pretty much only one store that carries a full line of them out here that I have found.

The Lucchese Classics are the best I've found short of custom made.

Go anywhere that stocks a line of boots. After trying a few pairs, when you slip on the Lucchese Classics you'll just go "Oh...that's why they cost more...."
Remarkable quality and fit. Your feet don't "feel" like you're wearing boots, and they're the only ones I've tried that offer that.

But if that's too high a price point, I've also had a pair of Justin's that served me well.

I trained horses for years. Rodeo before that. Ive had lots of different brands. Right now I have a pair of Ariats with a riding heel. I like them pretty well. Im picky about boots but wont pay a fortune. Boulet arent bad. Had a couple pairs. I quit wearing Justins long ago. They wear out way too fast. Cheap IMO. Worst pair I ever had were Cowtown. Tony Llamas arent bad. A lot of real cowboys wear Rios of Mercedes. I know real cowboys that swear by them. Luccese puts you in the "Dude" category but they look dressy.

Top Bottom