What's new

Got a couple of brushes to restor off Fleabay

I'm going to try my hand at a couple of brush restores.

Here are the brushes as received.

proxy.php

They came in this lot that I scored for $11.50 shipped from Ebay.

proxy.php

I figure the gold Ball End Tech is worth that. Its not great condition, but very serviceable.

proxy.php

Not sure what this is, but I'm assuming its a cartridge handle of some sort. Is it worth anything??

proxy.php

Here are a couple more pics of the brushes with the bristles cut off.

proxy.php

proxy.php

The red and white one is obviously an Ever-Ready, but the chrome one I have no idea. It is very heavy. I think I really like the handle on that one.

I'm going to drill out the knots tomorrow, and measure to order knots.

Its my first attemps at restores.

Wish me luck.

Just a heads up.If you put a silver tip in the metal one the brush will be floppy.It appears to be like mine which is a 20mm.The knot depth is fixed and sits at the base of the brush hair so the bristles will be free to roam anywhere they want.This is not a bad thing because I reall enjoy mine when I want a pillowy,luxurious lathering.If you want some scrubiness go with a boar knot.Good luck with your restores.

The mystery handle will fit a Trac II cartridge. As cartridges go I find them to work very well. If you need to travel by air you could do worse.

No value to speak of by itself, but you could offer it for sale.

- Chris

The mystery handle will fit a Trac II cartridge. As cartridges go I find them to work very well. If you need to travel by air you could do worse.

No value to speak of by itself, but you could offer it for sale.

- Chris

I have also found the Trac II to work very well. It the best/ one of the best cartridge razors ever made. I like it because it doesn't pivot, and hence it is closest to using a DE razor. I have two all metal handles like this (but not as pretty as yours), and I really like the additional weight that an all metal handle provides.

What blades do you use with it. The original gillette blades, the personna's or something else.

Never mind I found your post.

Thanks

Last edited:
Started to pull the old knots out.

All prepped.

proxy.php

Packed a bowl to smoke while I work. The pipe was made by H2Oman. Check out the grain.

proxy.php

proxy.php

With the knots out.

proxy.php

You have to remember that this is my first time trying to do this. When I was drilling out the ever-ready the whole shelf fell into the hollow handle. It was just floating around in there. It was difficult to say the least to make pieces small enough to pull out. I ended up putting a small hole through the side :mad3:. Oh well its just a learning experience after all.

Top Bottom