What's new

Good Source for DE Blades

Just getting fired up out here in Colorado and was wondering what a good source for blades is. Also what would you reccommend for newbie blades ??
Thanks for all the great posts. This site is truly a fountain of information!!!

If you go to the vendor section there are some good deals going on. I order from dridiot. For a newbie, I recommend that you start with Derby. Get at 34c Merkur razor(also know as Heavy Duty, HD), trust me it will last you lifetime and stop wasting time with cheap crappy razors you will throw away in 6 months or a year. I really regret that parker 22r as my first razor. Upgrade to mid level blades like Wilkinson, Merkur, Gillette 7 o clock yellows, Dorco 301(not the 300, big difference), Astra. Which these blades are fine and are similar. Then again everyone here will have different opinion. For advanced users and the best built blades(along with Derby and Merkur) are: Feathers, Gillette Platinum, Gillette Bleue. Then again get a sampler pack of blades from west coast shaving, google it. Then you can make the choice.

Mark2cars --

Welcome to B&B, Glad to have you.

Regarding a source for blades, head directly to www.westcoastshaving.com

They offer a newbie blade sampler; also 5-packs of most brands, so you can try them out before ordering 100 packs for a price break. WCS has good prices, excellent service. Recommended.

-- John Gehman

Mark2cars --

They offer a newbie blade sampler; also 5-packs of most brands, so you can try them out before ordering 100 packs for a price break. WCS has good prices, excellent service. Recommended.

-- John Gehman

+1. I got their everything sampler, I figured I'd try as many as possible. Welcome to the group.

Try some of our own B&B members who are also vendors of DE blades. Melyus is one that comes to mind.

Last edited:
Just getting fired up out here in Colorado and was wondering what a good source for blades is. Also what would you reccommend for newbie blades ??
Thanks for all the great posts. This site is truly a fountain of information!!!

Hello fellow Coloradon. I get my blades from West coast shaving .com. They have great price and super fast delivery. If you want to buy l;ocaly good luck. The is a shave store on south broadway across the street from edward Pipe store. The name of the store escapes my mind.

I am a noob myself and I went to the review section to see what people like. I have used the Persona red pack, Super Iridiums. I like them both. They are amazing. The only bad thing about the Iridiuim is the glue spot on the blade. What anightmare it is to get off.

Good luck on your new journey.:thumbup:

You have some excellent suggestion above. I've ordered from some and all have been entirely satisfactory transactions. There's also [thread=113013]this vendor[/thread] who has some good blades and prices. No connection other than as a satisfied customer.

jim

Enjoy the site and as far as blades there are lots of vendors you can buy from or you can probably find members that might trade or sell you some. There also is always ebay.

I haven't done an exhaustive search, but westcoastshaving.com offers several levels of sampler packs. You must do this. They're fast and reliable.

When you find the blade that clicks for you it's awesome.

The Feathers, though scary, must be experienced (at least twice.)

Mark2cars --

-- John Gehman
My one and only recommendation is WCS.

Top Bottom