What's new

The Gentleman's Quarter

I just ordered a couple shaving creams from the Gentleman's Quarter. They were on my list to try since they are a tallow based cream. The tallow based soaps get a lot of praise on this board, but are also noted to be somewhat more difficult to lather with, at least for the noob, which includes me. So I figured that using a cream should eliminate any lathering difficulties that might exist in trying to use a soap, and still give a tallowy goodness to the lather. So having ordered the stuff on Tuesday, it hits my front porch on Friday. Great customer service. I got the 'Oak and Moss' and 'Bay Rum with Sweet Orange' scents. Both are great smelling and get nods of approval from SWMBO. I shaved with the 'Oak and Moss' flavor this morning. I only wish that I had more experience with different soaps and creams in order to give some comparisons, but such is not to be. I got a great lather with almost no effort, just a little dab of cream and a dribble of hot water in a pre-warmed bowl and I have enough lather for a three pass shave. I like it!

I love the Oak and Moss, one if not My favorite scent. Also try the Desert Ironwood, Creme' de Campagne in the creams and Blackberry Sage in soap. All are outstanding, but I think I prefer the creams slightly to the soap. TGQ has the best smelling products I have used to date.

Top Bottom