What's new

Look Ma! No cuts!

I just finished my first DE shave literally 5 min. ago and all things considered I am pleased. I used a Gillette Tech with an IP red, a silvertip Penworks brush, and CO Bigelow. I already had an oil-free face moisturizer that I closed things off with. My first pass was with the grain followed by an across the grain pass and, as you may have already guessed, I managed to escape unscathed. My shave isn't quite baby's bottom smooth under my chin but my cheeks are slicker than penguin sh*t on an ice slide. It is at least as smooth as any other shave I have ever had and I would say I "babied" it a bit. It was an interesting experience trying to manipulate my face and I think I may have overdone it a little in a few spots that feel a bit irritated.

Again, all things considered, I am very happy with the finished product. I am thinking it can only get better from here and I truly look forward to a month or so from now. I owe a special thanks to Slather for helping me through some beginner uncertainty. Also, thank you to Lucky11453, Penworks, and WestCoastShaving.com for providing the gear! Finally, is an obvious and everlasting thanks to B&B!

Welcome aboard! Beware the onset of acquisition disorders. They seem to start shortly after joining the forum.:tongue_sm

The Tech is a great forgiving razor. Fantastic you got such a good shave. Just watch those ADs - they can strike at any time!

Congratulations on a great first shave, as has been said, it only gets better from here.
As for the ADs, don't try and resist, they are bigger than all of us :lol:

Awesome. You could not have picked a better first razor. The Tech is a great razor. It is a integral part of my razor rotation. My only suggestion to you would be have patience with your current set up. Work on your technique before you start changing blades, creams etc. This way you can see what really works and what you might want to tweak to achieve a better shave. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. We love to read success stories

Welcome to one of the most informative forums of any kind anywhere! The Tech is a great first razor, but soon the AD will set in, and your wallet will begin to scream...

Awesome. You could not have picked a better first razor. The Tech is a great razor. It is a integral part of my razor rotation. My only suggestion to you would be have patience with your current set up. Work on your technique before you start changing blades, creams etc. This way you can see what really works and what you might want to tweak to achieve a better shave. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. We love to read success stories

My plan is to go through the 5 blades in the IP Red pack but then I will probably try feathers. I purchased a a few different blades to see which I like best!

P.S. AD is hear already:001_rolle

I just finished my first DE shave literally 5 min. ago and all things considered I am pleased. I used a Gillette Tech with an IP red, a silvertip Penworks brush, and CO Bigelow. I already had an oil-free face moisturizer that I closed things off with. My first pass was with the grain followed by an across the grain pass and, as you may have already guessed, I managed to escape unscathed. My shave isn't quite baby's bottom smooth under my chin but my cheeks are slicker than penguin sh*t on an ice slide. It is at least as smooth as any other shave I have ever had and I would say I "babied" it a bit. It was an interesting experience trying to manipulate my face and I think I may have overdone it a little in a few spots that feel a bit irritated.

Again, all things considered, I am very happy with the finished product. I am thinking it can only get better from here and I truly look forward to a month or so from now. I owe a special thanks to Slather for helping me through some beginner uncertainty. Also, thank you to Lucky11453, Penworks, and WestCoastShaving.com for providing the gear! Finally, is an obvious and everlasting thanks to B&B!

Well done! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom