What's new

A Few Questions

Evening everyone. It's been quite sometime since I've been on here. Just wanted to ask a few questions. 1) when I shave, the next day if I go against the grain with my hand, I feel a nice amount of pain. Because of this I haven't been shaving regularly. Could this be making it worse since my skin isn't accustomed to it? 2) When ever I am working on my neck, specifically right under the jawline, I always always always miss spots. No matter how many times i go over it. It usually ends up in irritation from many passes. Any advice? Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Your first problem may be a result of the second. You amy want to focus on a DFS and forget about BBS for a while. Honestly, I have the same problem. I have never had a true BBS. I've had very close. But, the harder you try, the more irritation you are going to cause. You may want to lay off the ATG for a little. Something else you can try is doing an Almost against the grain. Somewhere between a XTG and a ATG.

Put a feather in and blade buff it! :lol:
Honestly, Blake might be right. Not everyone can get BBS. The HD your using is a pretty aggressive razor, not the most but enough, so maybe trying a milder razor could get you better results.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Your first problem may be a result of the second. You amy want to focus on a DFS and forget about BBS for a while. Honestly, I have the same problem. I have never had a true BBS. I've had very close. But, the harder you try, the more irritation you are going to cause. You may want to lay off the ATG for a little. Something else you can try is doing an Almost against the grain. Somewhere between a XTG and a ATG.

+2
Sound advice there to be sure.

+3

not every shave is gonna be BBS, if you try it all the time it will only lead to irritation.

I have the same issue mostly its felt a lil rough under the jawline and you cant always get every bit smooth. If you don't see hairs dont worry about it... too many passes and pressure anywhere = soreness.

I can't get under my chin BBS no matter how many passes I take UNLESS I blade-buff, as suggested above. As for the ATG pain the next day, try shaving one day ATG followed by a simple WTG the following day, then repeat. Some people have skin that is just too sensitive to withstand ATG every day. Your face should still be looking great though with an ATG every other day.

Thanks for the advice guys. I shaved today and did only one ATG pass and didn't worry about the BBS. It's a DFS and it's comfortable. Feels good to shave again.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Good to read! Before you know it, the bbs will be there. Don't force it, it will come to you!

Thanks for the advice guys. I shaved today and did only one ATG pass and didn't worry about the BBS. It's a DFS and it's comfortable. Feels good to shave again.

Nice going, everything given is good advice. There's nothing at all wrong with a DFS. You can take it down a notch too and just do a CCS.

As long as your shave looks good and feels good that's all that matters. As your technique improves so will your shaves. Blade buffing and J-hooking will help take care of those rough spots. Just be sure to use no pressure when you do either. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom