What's new

"cut your own" soap at Whole Foods

The brand is Goat Boy or something like that. Tonight I noticed they had bay rum scented blocks so I picked up a small slice and gave it a try. It's really nice stuff...really soft and gentle feeling with a great spicy scent. I followed that with Honeybee Sue's Bay Rum shaving soap, Pinaud Bay Rum splash, and finished with Saint Charles Shave Bay Rum ASB. I may just give myself a spritz of SCS Bay Rum with a Twist EDT to go completely over the edge!

Well of course you have to use B&B Bay Rum with a Twist-that's not going over the edge,it's called layering!

Marty

The brand is Goat Boy or something like that. Tonight I noticed they had bay rum scented blocks so I picked up a small slice and gave it a try. It's really nice stuff...really soft and gentle feeling with a great spicy scent. I followed that with Honeybee Sue's Bay Rum shaving soap, Pinaud Bay Rum splash, and finished with Saint Charles Shave Bay Rum ASB. I may just give myself a spritz of SCS Bay Rum with a Twist EDT to go completely over the edge!

I've only been into Whole Foods a couple times now. (LOVE THE PLACE) But I guess I missed something....I'll have to look for that.

I've only been into Whole Foods a couple times now. (LOVE THE PLACE) But I guess I missed something....I'll have to look for that.

In our store, it's hard to miss. They have a table set up in the middle of the aisle with all the shaving creams and other soaps. They have lots of scents besides the bay rum, and all of them smell great.

There is a Whole Foods in Madison, only 1/2 hour from where I am moving to and have been dying to go to one for years, so this is on my list of new stores to check out once I have moved.

Cut your own soap is a great idea! You save the costs of packaging and can cut as big (or small) of a bar as you want. Do they charge by the ounce Bob and if so, what do they charge? Thanks for sharing this!

In our store, it's hard to miss. They have a table set up in the middle of the aisle with all the shaving creams and other soaps. They have lots of scents besides the bay rum, and all of them smell great.

I might have just missed it too. Think Im going tomorrow with the wife, let you know what I see. :biggrin:

There is a Whole Foods in Madison, only 1/2 hour from where I am moving to and have been dying to go to one for years, so this is on my list of new stores to check out once I have moved.

Oh you have to go! I do all my shopping at Whole Foods now. Luckily I live about 10 minutes away from one. I can't stand going to anywhere else anymore.

Cut your own soap is a great idea! You save the costs of packaging and can cut as big (or small) of a bar as you want. Do they charge by the ounce Bob and if so, what do they charge? Thanks for sharing this!

Its not cheap, but its pretty decent soap....in the Whole Foods that I've been into in Chicago area, they have the "Indigo Wild" Zum Bar soaps for the "cut your own". Its a pretty decent goat's milk soap.

Sue: I prefer your Issy & Muller's Lane any day of the week :wink:

Sue: I prefer your Issy & Muller's Lane any day of the week :wink:

Joe, I have never used better soap than Issy's.. and wait till you try the soap made with the butter... real butter, butter that you would put on your toast... OMG.... :drool: :drool: :drool:

But you know, I would rather have everyone using real soap instead of buying the commercial stuff they sell at the drug or grocery stores.. and I am suspecting this is real soap that they are selling at Whole Foods..

Guys, you HAVE to try using real soap for a change! :001_tt1: You will never go back to your old soaps!

The cutting of soaps seems to be a new trend. The Girlfriend and I wandered into a Lush store, in downtown SF, and it was all set up sort of like a soap deli -- they had loaves of soap that were vaguely shaped like cheeses, and they would cut as much as you wanted. Not a soap aficionado myself, I just sort of wandered around the place while she chatted and had them cut chunks of various sizes, which were then wrapped in deli paper. All rather enjoyable, except that we both seemed to have an allergic reaction to something in the place, and left, literally, with tears in our eyes! Various multi-colored slabs of soap seem to be all over the bathroom now, which I'm guessing may be retribution for the expansion of my shaving products...

Joe, I have never used better soap than Issy's.. and wait till you try the soap made with the butter... real butter, butter that you would put on your toast... OMG.... :drool: :drool: :drool:

But you know, I would rather have everyone using real soap instead of buying the commercial stuff they sell at the drug or grocery stores.. and I am suspecting this is real soap that they are selling at Whole Foods..

Guys, you HAVE to try using real soap for a change! :001_tt1: You will never go back to your old soaps!

I get your sentiment Mama Bear, but it just reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Kramer laveshes himself in butter!!

Marty

Well, how about "Last Tango in Paris..." would that be better.... :001_tt2:

Probably not, because I know the sienfeld reference better:001_tongu

It also reminds me of an "Earl" episode where his brother eats the hellucingenic cream.

That being said, the natural flavors and smells and textures of things, are so much better then artificial stuff. Look what cocoa Butter did for tanning in our day.

Marty

I'm not sure this is at all WFMs... I go to mine fairly regularly and haven't seen any soap cutting devices in it ever... I have been tempted to try those zum bars though

I'm not sure this is at all WFMs... I go to mine fairly regularly and haven't seen any soap cutting devices in it ever... I have been tempted to try those zum bars though

It's not at all of them. I'm not sure why.

The one that I shop at does not have this, but another one not too far away where one of my co-workers shops does have it... go figure.

The Zum bars are nice, but my main complaint about them is that they are pricey... about $5 for a 3 oz bar if I remember correctly and they do not last very long at all... I can start and finish one in 7 to 10 days!

I went to mine yesterday. They did not have the Bay Rum, though they had lots of other "flavors". I thought the price was a bit high, but I would have paid for the bay rum, the other scents just didn't appeal to me enough to shell out the dough though. Bought a bar of Kirk's castille instead. $0.95. That, I can afford.

Top Bottom