What's new

Fat boy loose?

Hey gang,seeing the wealth of knowledge among you I was wondering if you could help me out.I bought a fatboy that is loose(will not close properly)can it be repaired or adjusted or should I toss it & try again,no great loss,didn't pay much.

Hi Jim.I cannot take a picture,don't have my camera here.To answer your question, yes it is loose with a blade in it.The silo doors won't close fully.It's like there's to much play on inside screw & it does not have that snug up 1/4 turn like my other adjustables

Do the doors close all the way down and its still too loose or they stop before the close all the way? I just want to make sure I understand.

Whats the date code on the bottom? its a letter and a number.

Jim it's an E4 & the silo doors fully close,but when closed I can grasp the knob & move it up & down & make the the silo doors move

OK thats good news, there is a nut on the bottom of the silo door control rod, the bad news is that its not standard. If you can make a wrench to fit it, take it apart clean it up then reinstall that nut snuggly. That may take care of the problem.. if you are not sure you want to tackle it feel free to contact me by PM and I will give it a whack for you.

BTW I am an E4 (born December 1959):biggrin:

Thank's Jim .I'm a tech at a Toyota/Lexus dealership i'll take to work tomorrow & give it a try.

Top Bottom