What's new

What does florida water smell like?

Starts off citrus blast for about two seconds, then goes to Coca-Cola, then it dries down to Atomic Fireball. I'm being totally serious. I've only used the Murray & Lanman variety.

If you're adventurous I believe you can google old victorian recipes for it and make your own (tweeking notes you like/dislike). I think it has a pretty cool scent in the bottle, but it doesn't seem to really work with my chemistry.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I find a strong hit of clove, but the overall scent disappears very quickly.

I like it--I was using it to scent my handkerchiefs. But since I got 4711, that has taken Florida Water's place. I like Florida Water though, it's very refreshing and citrusly.

It smells real cheesy (not literally) and ameteurish to me...like some kid broke into his moms kitchen and mixed up a "cologne" with random ingredients. It isn't a scent I would take seriously enough to wear.

I really like the M&L version of Florida Water. Very unique and refreshing scent. Very uplifting. A real tour de force of evolution in a scent as it dries down. In that respect very much like the finest of edts. A scent that has survived and remained popular at least among one population group or another for nearly 200 years.

But what I was writing in about is this is the Murray and Lanham version we are talking about, and I suspect any other western hemisphere brands. In contrast, the Asian makers seem to use the term "Florida water" to mean something like "toilet water." A scented liquid to be used for various purposes. In my experience they can smell like anything.

Luishen (sp?) out menthols Osage Rub and while lots of uses for it are listed on the label seems clearly to me designed first and foremost for use as an aftershave, and a very, very good one at that. Great scent after the methol blows off. I had some of another brand, "Butterfly" I think, that was the most insipid, weak, and cheap of generic florals. Smelled nothing like M&L FW, Utterly linear and banal.

murray and lanman --initial citrus (grapefruity),then clove and cinnamon.lately the cinnamon seems more prominent.

Top Bottom