What's new

Merkur or Muhle

Hi,

I new in this forum, and I start to use safety razor about 15 days ago.

Right now I would like to buy a safety razor, but I dont know which one. I saw the merkur 33 C, 34 C, 23 C and Muhle R109. Which do you suggest ?

I have an old safety razor that belong to my father.

thank you

for someone new ? the new muhle R89, its a really soft and easy to use razor, less agressive then merkurs,

just make sure its the new, the old R89 was aggressive and evil,

Another PT fellow member here?! Perfect, perfect!!:thumbup: Welcome!!

Father's razor?!Wich one do you have? It can be a nice G' New or a SS...

About your question: the new R89 indeed is your tool. Well designed, good final quality, better price here and a heck of a performer BBS (ou Rabinho Bébé - RB :lol: You can't go wrong with it!!

The R106 has the same head but black handle.

Last edited:
Yes indeed A new guy from Portugal :)

By the way between R89 and R109 the only diference is the black handle ? I like a lot the black handle, but I don't know if it is god to shave.

The Edwin Jagger uses the same head as Muhle, and they are cheaper. A little better too as they use a solid (as opposed to hollow) handle. It gives it a bit more weight. I'd recommend it as I've been very happy with mine. And at the price you really can't go wrong. Here in Canada they are selling in the mid-30's.

I usually buy in UK websites because we dont have in Portugal, and the prices I see Edwin Jagger is more expensive than Muhle (£44 vs 22.5 £)

Hello,

I think the Muhle R106 is a very good choice also:

proxy.php

It is very good shaver with a modern style head that is not too demanding.
I like it a lot.

I have really enjoyed my switch from the Merkur heads to the new Muhle version on my Edwin Jagger because it is smoother and less aggressive.

What type of razor does your father have?? I would go against the grain and suggest continue using your fathers razor and then once you got the technique right, work out whether you want something more aggressive or something a little tamer..

Merkur 34C - for sure! After a few years and the collection has grown, you'll find yourself drifting back to the ever-smooth 34C (HD)!

Top Bottom