What's new

Pimples

Hello everyone. The past few days I have developed several pimples on my face and I am not sure why. I do not normally get them. I have oily/sensitive skin. I am using VDH deluxe to shave with and my normal shower gel for washing my face in the shower. I have heard that over exfoliation is just as bad as not washing well enough. What is going on and what can I do about it?

I'm in the same boat as you, always have been with shaving/daily life. I want to start blaming it on my aftershave balm actually. It makes me think that it's doing more harm than good with clogging up my pores. I have about 3 or 4 different balms I switch off using, and just recently I've begun mixing them with Witch Hazel everytime I apply hoping to make it more of a "splash". So far I haven't noticed much, but I'm blaming my (slight) acne/random pimples on the ASB.

How are you rinsing your razor - swishing in the sink or put it under a running tap? Could be a bacterial problem.

+1 on the witch hazel. Without a splash of wh before my asb I notice more micro pimples on my upperlip, especially after an atg pass.

also if you encounter a giant random zit, which happens every 4 or so months for me, try some clay. I use the aztec clay from whole foods mixed equal parts with apple cider vinegar. I use it so infrequently and in such a small amount I think my $10 jar will last a few decades.

Maybe it's not shaving related? Have you been getting enough sleep and eating well? I have break outs a couple of days after one those.

This one's tricky to answer. Breakouts can happen for any number of reasons, which may or may not be apparent, and can often subside just as inexplicably. The suggestions here are good, but as you can see, they cover a wide range of possibilities. Can you tie the breakouts to any specific change in your routine, diet, lifestyle, etc.?

Top Bottom